• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
0 Votes
kembl_5

Account pin access

by kembl_5 on ‎02-12-2011 05:44 PM

There should be an option to be able to forward your calls on the internet even when you're away from home without having to  obtain a pin. If you are not home to receive the automated pin request call you still won't be able to receive the pin number. Just something to think about because I'm away from home now trying to handle some business online and this process is kinda irratating.:smileyhappy:

Please see my previous comment for details.
Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎02-14-2011 11:05 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-14-2011 10:11 AM

"The PIN you are referring to is a one-time method of verifying your identity. All telephone providers are required to protect a customer’s proprietary network information from unauthorized access. When accessing your account information online, the PIN is used as a one-time tool to help us validate a user’s identity and bring the account from "limited" access to "full" access. Full access customers can see details about home phone service and bill details.

Recently, with the migration of customers to a single user ID on the new MyVerizon 2.0, some customers may have had to go through this process again, depending on what mix of Verizon.com or Verizon.net accounts they previously had.

As mentioned earlier, being prompted for a PIN should be a one-time step, and you should be able to access your bill without retrieving a reentering a PIN. If you have previously received and successfully activated full access with a PIN on your account and are still prompted to request and enter a PIN, please go to http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/ and get in touch with us."

-- from the product manager

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-15-2011 01:19 PM
Status changed to: Clarification Needed
Please see my previous comment for details.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools