Customers With Disabilities
Klockner

Add Hebrew / Israeli Channels: e.g., The Israeli Network

by Klockner on ‎01-02-2011 07:01 PM

I see more and more programming for foreign languages on FIOS.  Up to now, only DISH carried The Israeli Network.  But now Comcast has the network.  There are other Israeli possibilities out there.

Given some of the other foreign language channels available, a hebrew / Israeli channel is in line with what is available.  Dish and Comcast charge $19.99 per month, and Fios could do the same. 

I know many people who have Dish solely because of the Israeli Network, and I have often contemplated changing to Dish.  With Comcast now having the channel, it makes more and more sense for Verizon to do so as well.

Comments
by Employee on ‎01-13-2011 04:40 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by ibashan on ‎06-19-2012 09:28 PM

It's funny... I really like the service I get with Verizon Fios, but now that Cablevision has the Israeli Network on Channel 1118, I will seriously consider switching. I hope Verizon figures out that there is a good number of customers that want this channel.

by jaw11 on ‎08-03-2012 01:25 PM

I hope Verizon will decice soon.  If not, I most like will switch to Comcast

by Hallux62 on ‎11-21-2012 07:50 PM

Just came from a friends house and was watching the Israeli Network on cablevision. Please, Verizon, add this network to the channel line up. I recently switched from cablevision to fios but if its not added soon I would consider switching back.

by Israelkash on ‎04-06-2013 08:53 AM

As I am a Verizon customer for many years, I am requesting that you carry the Israeli network, like cable vision and Time Warner both have available  now. I will be switching to their service soon if you do not start to carry this channel. Please see that this matter can be rectified. Thx

by josephades on ‎05-12-2013 10:07 AM

Just wondering if this thread got anywhere

My dad lives in a fios neighborhood and is very interested in fios, as he is currently experiencing issues with cablevision

However, he will not budge to switch unless fios begins offering the israeli network channel. Comcast, Dish, and Time Warner Cable are offering it at the moment. What does it take for fios to offer it?

by Shoshi on ‎01-31-2014 12:30 PM

I'm like many other people and would like to see some Israeli TV added onto the list,YES, Reshet, MAKO etc.  Hampton Roads has a large community here and even some of the high schools have an International program that pertains to Israel and it would be nice to see some of the great shows that are up to date.  I can get them thru HULU or Netflix, but would like to see live programming.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools