Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
italiavp

Add More Italian Language Programming

by italiavp on ‎04-14-2011 11:00 AM

Currently, Fios just carries RAI International. The Italian-American Community would appreciate a 24 Hour Italian News Channel as well (Dish Network carries Rai News 24, DirectTV carried SkyTG24 which shows either are available to carry here in the states. Are there any plans to expand the Italian lineup?

lots more international content coming
Comments
by Employee on ‎04-15-2011 04:02 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
lots more international content coming
by zetta933 on ‎10-26-2011 12:16 PM

comcast also offers mediaset italia with their Italian package. Look into offering that as well

by ejfa45 on ‎10-30-2011 02:33 PM

There are so many Hispanic stations included with verizon service.  If I want an Italian station I have to pay extra for it?....that's just not fair...I just switced to verizon and am disappointed that the Rao station which is available on Sundays with cablevision  is an "extra" charge with verizon..  MY dad was so happy to have that station and now is so disappointed. 

Also why is PIP not available?

by Vito66 ‎12-26-2011 05:07 AM - edited ‎12-26-2011 05:07 AM

Hello, is couple years now that I have FiosTv and I have noticed that Verizon does not add any international channels,  ( in my case The Italians channels) since I`m still waiting for Video Italia. 

Dish Network has a nice package for $.19.99 . How hard is it to just offer the same thing?

As you can see mr Joe_Ambeault  you post is dated APRIL and is December 26 still nothing . I have called customer support and looks like I have better news then they do. I`m going to wait @ little long if noting happens I will say Goodbye FIOStv. Anyway this is the link  and I hope someone wakes up.   

http://www.dishnetwork.com/international/Italian/default.aspx?Region=european&lang=Italian 

by dmcrra on ‎01-17-2012 03:59 PM

As of today, I see Time Warner in Nyc and horrible Dish Network,( No local sports channels in ny area) are the only carriers offering Mediaset Italia. When will Verizon Fios offer this channel? IM SURE THE DEMAND is there for this channel.

by pete-inter on ‎03-25-2012 07:12 PM

Many of my friends with Cablevision have Rai Italia and also now "Mediaset Italia".

Fios claim to be the biggest  company, we should be the ones to have those channels First! What happened here?

by on ‎03-25-2012 08:08 PM

pete-inter: I see that Rai Italia is available for an extra charge, so that's better than nothing.

But of course it, and many other international stations, should be included without the charge.  I understand that a viewer who wants several stations in a certain language may have to pay extra for such a package.  That seems to be the norm with other providers.  But I feel strongly that we all should be able to watch a sampling of international stations, for at least part of the day, or even an hour a day - the way I was watching France24 until it was discontinued (but NOT by Verizon, but by France24 itself). 

To me, it's fun and fascinating to watch stations in other languages, even if I don't understand them.  It's especially fun to learn about grocery stores, restaurants, and events that might be in your own neighborhood and that you might want to explore.

I've seen several hints like the one from Joe Ambeault above about "lots more international content coming."  I'd love to know what it's going to be.

by antsco on ‎09-12-2012 04:55 PM

I too would like to see different Italian channels. Other than for Serie A and the Italian National Team, RAI is really useless. Just a bunch of variety shows that appral to those from older generations. The addition of Berlusconi's Mediaset will definately be a welcome addition and I will be glad to pay extra for it.

by Oscar316 on ‎04-23-2013 06:28 AM

Is it possible to get an update on whether Verizon Fios plans on adding Mediaset Italia to the channel lineup?  It has been over 2 years since the original post was submitted and acknowledged by Verizon yet no updates.  Will someone at Verizon please provide an update as to what the status is regarding the additions of new international content ie timeframe?  Thank you.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools