Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Hawkman

Add The Comcast Network (TCN) High Definition

by ‎12-20-2010 03:21 PM - edited ‎12-20-2010 03:22 PM

Requesting the High Def. Version of channel 99: The Comcast Network (TCN) for the South Jersey area.  I'm a huge hockey fan and can't watch this channel in HD without going over a friends house with Comcast. 

Comments
by JohnnyJTAV on ‎04-02-2011 06:42 PM

Yes!  TCN is no good unless it's HD

by Employee on ‎04-04-2011 03:57 AM - last edited on ‎04-05-2011 04:01 PM by Admin Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We continue to add regional channels to the FiOS TV service

[This comment moved from other idea that was merged into this one.]

by flyboys2003 on ‎04-04-2011 03:26 PM

I agree - It's brutal watching the Phillies and Flyers in standard def., enough so to consider switching to Xfinity! Need Channel 99 The Comcast Network in HD!!!

by ffoord on ‎04-05-2011 03:39 PM

Yah this is crazy not having TCN in HD especially this time of year. It'd be different if it wasn't broadcast in HD to begin with. PLEASE just add this one channel in HD its the only one that really NEEDS to be in HD.

by ffoord on ‎04-05-2011 03:42 PM

Yah I posted this as well and it really is the only network where it really needs to be in HD. I got so used to watching this channel in HD via Comcast. This really is the type of thing that has you thinking of switching your Fios service to internet only and have Comcast for cable.

by on ‎05-28-2011 05:51 AM

Any timeline on when this can be added for us Philly sports fans?

by raisinhead ‎06-30-2011 10:33 AM - edited ‎06-30-2011 10:41 AM

I must agree with ffoord's earlier post about going back to comcast for TV. It has been well over a year that we have been requesting TCN HD and verizon doesnt ever respond to these requests. However, I constantly get messages about more spanish language channels being added, but nothing for the home grown Philly sports fans. Maybe if we move to Mexico we can get the channels we ask for and desire. For a company in the communication business, you sure do a horrible job communicating.

by yakfishnick on ‎09-04-2011 12:03 AM
Here is another call for adding TCN HD for the FiOS subscribers in South Jersey. The SD feed for the channel is laughable when it comes to viewing sports. Please advise us as to whether we'll be getting this channel in the nearby future.
by yakfishnick on ‎09-26-2011 05:31 PM

Here's another call for The Comcast Network in HD for the South Jersey area.  Many thanks. 

I've tried posting elsewhere, but with not luck.  I'd like to hear from others who have requested the channel and what you might have been told.

Here are a few situations I've encountered... 

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/The-Comcast-Network-in-HD-in-South-Jersey/m-p/34884...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/The-Comcast-Network-in-HD-in-South-Jersey-II-Missin...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/The-Comcast-Network-in-HD-in-South-Jersey-III-Does-...

All in all, it's Verizon and no one else who seems to be standing in the way of these problems.  Shame they don't understand what HD means to Philly sports fans... for that matter to any sports fan.

by JasonDean on ‎11-13-2011 04:53 PM

The unfortunate thing is this is likely COMCAST's fault - not FIOS. Cablevision does the same thing with MSG/MSG+ where they didn't permit non-traditional cable co's from purchasing the HD version of their sports networks. Good thing is the FCC basically told CV they have until Nov. 25th to comply with an order to make these channels available. I don't know if Comcast was specifically mentioned in the decision but this is likely the same issue. Comcast doesn't want to give a phone company access to programming but they have no problem when it comes to reslling phone service. http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Cablevisions-Sports-Network-Blockade-Slowly-Dying-116996

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools