Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
CRobGauth

Add Verizon to Roku

by Silver Contributor III on ‎01-07-2012 07:44 AM

Just got a Roku Box for Xmas. Love it and all the new types of channels I can get (especially NASA).

How about adding Verizon to it similar to the XBox? If not now, then maybe when the new IP technology comes out.

Comments
by Moderator on ‎01-07-2012 08:06 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by allysonfinch on ‎02-28-2012 09:23 AM

I am posting here because, although I am not a customer currently, I feel like Verizon has done a great job of positioning itself as the media provider on the cutting edge of technology. 

We just bought a house in DC.  We have RCN for cable right now.  The house is really old, but was just "flipped" so it is nice, unfortunately though the old cable wiring only connects to the tv in the basement.  Although there are cable jacks in other rooms, none of them work.  RCN said I would need a wall fish to get the other tvs in my house connected; they said I'd need to call an electrician to do the work.  The elctrician wants to charge me close to $1000 to do the wall fish AND install a new jack in my kitchen, where I spend most of my time.  I am so frustrated.  So I bought a Roku box last weekend and voila, I have access to media upstairs! 

It got me thinking-- why on earth isn't cable available this way (through wi-fi boxes on the back of my tv)???  I think I get it- it's probably not that secure and until you guys figure out a way to make sure folks can't steal it, you won't offer it.  But I must say that I am so anxious while I am waiting on your technology to catch up to the Roku box.  I really want to feel connected to the rest of the world via scheduled and live television.  I want to watch the Food Network and HGTV from my kitchen and other rooms in my house without a $1000 wiring job.  I would become a Verizon customer in a heartbeat if your media services expanded to accomodate this and you guys would leave Comcast and RCN in the dust.

Best Regards,

A Wilson

Washington, DC

(Woodridge Neighborhood)

by on ‎09-01-2012 04:57 PM

this is a good idea!!! i live in nyc give different options to keep customers to fios VOD (roku)

by kdavis2 on ‎01-06-2013 09:23 AM
Please do this. It would be awesome to get my fios on roku as well as my Xbox.
by jmurray1212 on ‎02-02-2013 01:49 PM

Would love to access this via my Roku as that is my favorite set-top box available on the market!

by KenWVT on ‎04-11-2013 06:47 AM

TWC allows acces to all channels via ROKU thereby eliminting the need to rent cable boxes. Please bring all channels to ROKU !!!

Thanks,

Ken

by arls544 on ‎04-26-2013 05:52 AM

Where is a VZ FiOS Roku App like TWC has, SERIOUSLY??!! You gotta get stuff out there ASAP, There are such thin to non-existant customer loyalty lines these days. When one company has something the other doesn't customers jump ship. 

Also, why can't the iOS apps let you manage DVR recording series, its just silly that I can create or cancel a series from my iOS devices but I can't manage the features of the series recording like retention, HD or SD, only new episodes, etc. And please, please please, integrate the various iOS apps, I don't think it makes one ounce of sense to make a user switch between 2 or 3 or even 4 different apps just to use/manage FiOS TV service....

Oh and one more thing, VOD and DVR content should be available to the user across all platforms (STB, iOS, XBOX, ROKU APP, WHEN WE GET ONE). It's semi-reasonable that it be caged inside the home (I mean access from inside customer's WiFi/LAN only) I suppose. But realistically, I'm paying for that content, I should be able to get to it from any device I want from within VZ's port to the home, assuming VZ has a delivery channel for it like the XBOX app or iOS,etc.

Seriously. Pick up the pace....

by KenWVT on ‎06-21-2013 04:35 AM

Please add a live tv streaming app for the Roku device with all channels so we can elminate some or all of the FioS set top boxes to save money. Time Warner Cable already has just such an app and can stream all channels.

by on ‎09-24-2013 03:05 PM

TWC has ROKU app please get a similar app for (fios online/ of streaming) fios-app TV locals included please

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools