• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Keyboards

Add the ability to extend a DVR recording once started

by on ‎08-31-2010 12:34 PM

Title says it all.  Many sporting events run over the time in the guide and it would be nice to be able to extend the recording time on the DVR after a recording has started.  Currently I try to always modify the stop time for live events, but sometimes I forget and it is also a waste of the limited DVR space if not needed.  The only options at that point are to set up a manual recording or record the show following.

Comments
by on ‎08-31-2010 04:04 PM

Keyboards

When you are Gold I have found you also get two Votes. I let the cat out the bag, so I hope it gets away. I think it would be to much trouble to make votes different than Kudos. Label changing is easy. I don't have their DVR but it sounds like a good idea, and I may be getting a new DVR by years end.:smileywink:

by on ‎09-01-2010 06:55 AM

WE NEED THIS! 

Add the ability to extend a DVR recording once started

by Golbez on ‎09-02-2010 07:20 PM

Agreed, no telling how many Cowboys games I've missed the ending to becuase of this...  I could see some technical issues with this, but maybe they can be worked out?  (Like I'm not sure the DVR is aware the game is still going if the on-screen guide has already swapped over to the new show, even though the game is still on).  I've been recording the show afterwards just to be safe, but like everyone here, I sometimes forget.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎09-08-2010 11:52 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Tom_M on ‎09-08-2010 02:53 PM

Program start and end times should be able to be modified in 15, 30, 45 min, 1, 2, 3 hour increments (like in DVRs by Tivo, DirecTV, etc). This is helpful for sports and any other live program like say American Idol. 

You should be able to add the modification in the Record with Option screen when setting a recording or add the modification any other time before or during the program.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-05-2010 08:29 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Employee on ‎10-06-2010 09:52 AM
Status changed to: New Idea
We are discussing with the development teams and need some more time to evaluate.
by on ‎10-07-2010 09:06 AM

This is a huge one.  For sporting events that go into overtime, this should be automatically detected by the DVR!

by on ‎10-07-2010 04:11 PM

The problem is you can't automatically detect if a sports game goes over since the networks don't release updated guide data quickly enough.

by Employee on ‎10-08-2010 09:03 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools