Customers With Disabilities
Kenboy

Allow folders to be both displayed and played back in different orders

by on ‎05-26-2012 04:41 PM

Currently, on a DVR (but unfortunately not on a remote STB), you can choose to play all the items in a folder. If you do, it plays from bottom to top, and of course, the folder is automatically organized by time/date of recording, with the oldest recording on the bottom. 

My wife really likes the show Wings, and has been recording every episode off some low def channel. We're up to 95 of them. Because they're being aired out of order by the channel, they're being recorded out of order. If she wants to play them all (no, she's not going to watch 95 episodes, but she might do a mini-marathon), the only option is to start at the first one recorded and go from there, watching in the incorrect order they were recorded in. 

Since just about every program now seems to include its original air date (I'm watching an Odd Couple episode right now that is labeled as having aired on January 5, 1973), it would be wonderful if we could both sort and choose to play back ...

• By air date, oldest to newest
  • By air date, newest to oldest
  • By air date, starting with any episode, and playing either chronologically forward or backwards
  • Randomly
  • Any other way possible with the tags included in guide data. 

Comments
by Gold Contributor VII on ‎05-26-2012 05:06 PM

Thanks for posting this Kenboy. I think these are very good suggestions, and I certainly hope Verizon will implement all of them.

by pramblejambles on ‎05-28-2012 10:28 AM
It would be very useful (advertisable feature) if we could tag each recording, and sort by tag. Then we could assign a personal / subjective value like quality, mood, topic, family member, etc. This could be done even if the tag were merely a single digit.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools