Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
doubleE

Allow suscribed channel option to be persistent

by doubleE on ‎04-16-2012 08:53 AM

My Cisco set top box has an option to only scan through suscribed channels. However every time I power cycle the STB it defaults to scan all channels. Usually I forget, until I hit an unsuscribed channel to reset it. What purpose, other than to remind us of everything we are missing (advertisement) , is it to have the STB do this? Please allow the suscribed channels only scanning option to remain when power cycling the STB.

Comments
by Bruce00 on ‎04-17-2012 03:38 PM
There is a setting in IMG 1.9 that enables channel options persistence. It is buried in one of the Settings menus. I can't remember the exact wording of the option, but it is an Enable/Disable toggle. Obviously, set it to the opposite state. I'd say the Subscribed Channel setting sticks 95% of the time. I think using the Favorites button resets it to All Channels.
by on ‎04-17-2012 05:43 PM

I think when Verizon the box reboots on many occasions at 2am, it also resets it to All Subscribed. Very annoying. I agree. I too have Cisco hardware.

by doubleE on ‎04-18-2012 05:50 PM

I went back to see if I could find enable/disable setting described by Bruce00. Under Settings>TV>Mode there is an enable/disable option.  If it is disabled I don't even have a choice to select suscribed channels. If it is enabled I can select it, but there is no persistence of settings through a power cycle. It always reverts back to all channels. (P.S. I do have IMG 1.9).

by Mistaya on ‎04-23-2012 08:22 PM

I think mine resets when their is an update. I am not sure because like you we just catch it by switching to a channel we don't get or we just happen to look at the options and see it reset. I orignally set it to subscribe in the menu but it keeps changing back about once a week. I have noticed on occassion it goes back on its own in a day or two if left alone but on the downstairs TV that just isn't going to work. In the bedroom the TV doesn't always get used so I will notice from the last time it was on it seems to switch back occasionally if I haven't watched it for a couple days

by MVP Hubrisnxs on ‎04-29-2012 03:30 PM

The persistent option is called last guide state.

it can be found under menu>settings>television

and then select last guide state.  enable 

you have to have MODES enabled as well to get that.

that seems to work for me.   

by Moderator on ‎06-26-2012 02:34 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by on ‎07-01-2012 03:53 AM

I do not have a Cisco STB. If by "power cycling" you mean unplugging and replugging your box (cutting off power), then I have faced a similar issue. If you mean simply turning it off then on, then I don't understand your issue and you can ignore my suggestions.

It seems that each of your responders has a piece of the puzzle. Here's what I've figured out:

First, you do indeed need to check your settings after the latest round of updates. Here are the settings that I checked/changed on mine:

MENU>SETTINGS>FAVORITE CHANNELS>FAVORITES BUTTON>TOGGLE FLIP BY FAVORITES

MENU>SETTINGS>FAVORITE CHANNELS>FLIP BY FAVORITES>FAVORITES 1

MENU>SETTINGS>TELEVISION>MODES>ENABLE

MENU>SETTINGS>TELEVISION>LAST VIEWED GUIDE STATE>ENABLE

Are these all the settings you need to check? I don't know. Do your settings have to be the same as mine? I don't know. But I believe the last setting is the most important. And I believe it's this last setting that is causing the problem.

So now, even after you've checked all these settings, whenever the box gets reset, it forgets the LAST VIEWED GUIDE STATE, and defaults back to the ALL CHANNELS guide. And the boxes get reset all the time due to internal errors, software updates, and power outages. The way to know that your box has been reset is if you see a red screen when you turn it on. However if someone else has turned it on before you, you won't see the red screen, and will naturally assume that this is a randomly occurring glitch.

So the answer is: Check your settings, but until Verizon finds a way to more permanently store the LAST VIEWED GUIDE STATE, you will have to hit the FAVORITES button (or the OPTIONS button depending on your preferred setting) when viewing an ALL CHANNELS guide to re-establish this setting.

Is this the last word? Probably not. But I hope it helps.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools