Customers With Disabilities
Jacksmom

Announcing a problem

by Jacksmom on ‎03-25-2012 07:19 AM

Why isn't there a way to announce/inform customers of a problem without calling customer service?  For example, all my channels, except for the 5 national broadcast channels, were coming up with the message that I wasn't "subcribed" to that particular channel.  I was informed by a tech (after a 48 minute hold) that this problem was affecting approximately 360,000 Pennsylvania customers!  It should be resolved in about 10 hrs.  It has now been 16 hrs!

I am wondering why a recorded message announcing such a major problem could not have been put  on the phone line instead of wasting a customer's time listening to 48 minutes of music??  Or a message on the TV identifying the actual problem and it's scope and duration estimate?

My electric company announces the problem and expected duration in a recording when you call in to report an outage and it's done by entering or verifying your phone number.....Why can't Verizon?

Additionally, Verizon in Home was useless....couldn't get on, "Try again Later".

I'm sorry for your frustrations and we appreciate your suggestions! I'll make sure they are seen by the proper team within Verizon.
Comments
by Trishc on ‎03-25-2012 05:58 PM

ditto to the comment. I just went through the same thing., o thesed poor customer service people have to deal with us who waited 45 min to an hour to report a problem whne it is a known issue. Put it ont eh web put a message wqhen the message is received instead of this. I expect a refund for the time on the phone and the disruption of service

by KDO on ‎03-26-2012 06:47 AM

Same problem here (Buffalo NY area). It's been 2 days.

They first said it'll be fixed by 11:30am, then it'll be fixed by 11:30pm, then (agian) 11:30 am, and on and on.

(These time estimates:  I think they're just pulling out of their **bleep**.)

Re: "... message on the TV identifying the actual problem and it's scope and duration estimate?"

Great idea

by on ‎03-26-2012 01:15 PM

I'm in downstate NY and last night  those "not subscribed" messages started popping up.  Luckily, I had read about this in the forums so I didn't panic.  (Another hint that something was screwy was that one of them said that I wasn't subscribed to NBC!) 

Most people aren't reading the forums, so they're probably calling and holding, thus making the waits even longer for those calling about other issues. 

So I think that this is an excellent idea and doesn't sound like it would be difficult to implement, especially as a recorded message. Cablevision did this; Con Ed does it; my email provided does it. 

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-29-2012 08:11 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
I'm sorry for your frustrations and we appreciate your suggestions! I'll make sure they are seen by the proper team within Verizon.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools