Customers With Disabilities
ferdoud

Arabic channels question.

by on ‎12-30-2010 08:36 AM

I believe that it is a good start to have ART and Kuwait TV available for FIOS customers, on the other hand to pay $16.99 for these 2 channels is a bit absurd since they are pretty much useless. I added the package on Tuesday and I am already about to cancel it. My question is that how did Verizon decide add these 2 specific channels? Did they ask a Kuwaiti guy who possibly worked for them to add Kuwait TV to their line up? Could you please clarify the procedure on how Verizon goes by review and add these channels? Thanks.

First we figure how through research (standard marketing stuff) who the customers are... then we find content that matches those customer demographics... Content providers have specific audiences in mind for their brands... We also use tools like the idea exchange to directly solicit what our customers want... So while technically this is not an idea... hopefully now you have the info you need and will let us know what you want (seems you think we picked wrong).
Comments
by on ‎12-31-2010 09:25 AM

no repsonses on this?

by ‎12-31-2010 01:59 PM - edited ‎01-01-2011 07:48 AM

Give it time. This has been a Holiday week for many. Verizon has been very active here this week in response to ideas, but does not respond instantly. The community is mostly peer to peer where users help other users. This ideas board is a place to post your ideas and get other users to vote on them. Verizon does monitor the community, but does not provide their primary support here. If you need immediate assistance you can use the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page, and contact Verizon directly.

Have a safe and Happy New Years.

by on ‎01-03-2011 06:03 AM

prisaz, thank you and happy new year to you as well!

by Employee on ‎01-13-2011 04:52 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
First we figure how through research (standard marketing stuff) who the customers are... then we find content that matches those customer demographics... Content providers have specific audiences in mind for their brands... We also use tools like the idea exchange to directly solicit what our customers want... So while technically this is not an idea... hopefully now you have the info you need and will let us know what you want (seems you think we picked wrong).
by on ‎01-20-2011 06:30 AM

Thank you for your response Joe. I don't want to deny the fact that this a great a start, but just like you said in my opinion Verizon picked the wrong channels and it is a bit pricey for only 2 channels. You might want to consider other options such as: Aljazeera news channel now broadcasting in English and Arabic, Aljazeera Sport which holds the right to a lot of Soccer competition in Asia and Africa, also Aljazeera sport is the only channel that broadcasts the African Cup of Nations, so viewers in the USA have no option to watch such games. (here is their website: http://www.aljazeerasport.net and email distribution.int@aljazeera.net). Hope this helps. Also, if Verizon is interested I could provide more help if needed! Thanks.

by on ‎02-14-2011 07:40 AM

Joe any comments?

by on ‎08-22-2012 05:38 AM

any updates on this? and if verizon is planning to add any new arabic channels? Thanks. 

by RS2013 on ‎03-02-2013 03:09 PM

I am new to FIOS TV and ordered the ART and Kuwait TV package.  I do  not watch much TV but I am on my laptop and android phone.

Is there a way to see the programs on these stations on my laptop.  I know that the History Channel cannot be seen on the laptop because FIOS is not one of their providers.  I am having a hard time trying to find the ART Station for the Arabic programs.

I am a novice when it comes to operating a computer so please say your response in simple terms.

Thank you

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools