Customers With Disabilities
Photoflash

Archaic login pages on Verizon.com

by Photoflash on ‎03-30-2012 03:16 PM

Jeepers... why is necessary to hit the Verizon.com landing page, login there, and then proceed to log in at least four more times to get to this page?????

This has been a problem for years.  What is your solution?

Thanks,  Photoflash

Comments
by onekulemom on ‎03-31-2012 05:01 PM

I agree... why so many different places to log in on Verizon?  I have one account, why should I have to recreate logins and paswords.  

The website is just like when you call Verizon and they just send you to another department and you have to give them the info all over again.  Then after they look at your account, they send you to another department who ask for your info again, and then repeat and repeat, and back at the beginning department, with still no help. 

by on ‎04-01-2012 05:32 AM

I have never had to login 4 times to get to this page.  However in the beginning, I was unable to get into this page period so I was on the phone and did a shared session on line with customer service which took so long but the resolution was to create an email subaccount and once I did that, that solved it.  I think the rep who was trying to help me was trying to get the issue resolved so I wouldn't need a subaccount but I didn't have any more time to spend on this and even after I told them that the issue was resolved, I kept getting calls on my landline over and over again asking me to call back about this problem.  So I kept calling back over and over again asking them to stop because the problem was resolved until I finally spoke to someone who explained that this was a ticket that was left open and that someone failed to close the ticket.  One department never knows what the other department is doing.

As for calling 1-800-VERIZON I agree that it's a pain and I don't appreciate it either when I have to start again with identifying myself and repeat the same problem over and over again while being put on hold and still getting no answer, while wasting so much time, going in circles for no reason.

by Silver Contributor V on ‎04-01-2012 07:36 AM

Although I don't have to enter my id and password again to get to the boards, I do have to click the signin button.  Obviously should be more automatic.

by ‎04-01-2012 07:54 AM - edited ‎04-01-2012 02:25 PM

I do the same thing, clicking on the sign in button but I was only able to do that after creating a subaccount.  I don't even want to go back and forth anymore with Verizon's customer service over the subaccount because as long as it works, I don't really care.  The person who was working with me really was doing everything she could and was trying so sometimes I don't mind if something takes a little longer to resolve but as soon as this person proposed creating a subaccount and that worked, I was finished. 

by on ‎04-01-2012 04:24 PM

I agree with questioning that "as long as it works, I don't really care."

I am two different people, one for the Verizon website (pay bill, tv listings, etc.)
and another for the forums.  I think this happened because I was a Verizon customer before I
became a FiOS customer.  I keep a little note taped to the wall about which person I am where. 
If I've been on one page, I can't go to the other without signing
out and then signing back in as the other person.  If I try to sign on to one without first signing out of the other, terrible things happen!   It's not too difficult on the forum pages, but on the Verizon page, I, too,  have to go through about four menus each time to sign in.

I know better than to try to get Verizon to straighten out my two identities, because at least I'm
able to sign in eventually as it is.  And I don't want to do anything to jeopardize paying
my bill.  It finally worked last month, and I'm superstitious about messing with it.  Don't get me started on
bill pay!  I've drafted a very long and boring message about that, mostly just to vent, but I didn't post it.  I'm saving it in case bill pay stops working for me again.

My motto is: "Pick your battles."   The ridiculous Verizon webpage is obviously something that
Verizon knows about and I have to assume that it will be fixed one day.  

by on ‎04-05-2012 08:16 PM

I don't ever have to log in repeatedly.  Are you sure that it's not an issue perhaps with your cookies or your broswer not being up to date?  Do you delete temp fles and cookies on  your broswer periodically?

All I do is click the signin button to come here.

by Moderator on ‎06-21-2012 05:24 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Dressage74 on ‎11-10-2012 12:41 PM

Why is the My Verizon website so poorly designed? I have never seen such a difficult site to use, its not just me, I know of many others that say the same. 

I would like to go to the site and check my mail and TV listing without having to log in 4 or 5 times, just to get the site can't open message, then to have to start again just to get to what I want. Maybe you are not Mac friendly? 

I am amazed that Verizon being a very large company has such a poorly designed site. Please use some of the money I pay you every month to invest in making a quality website. 

I have made this complaint in the suggestion thing many times for a a year to two. I wonder if anyone even looks at it.

by Dressage74 on ‎11-12-2012 04:25 PM

I know I do. 

1. I want to check my e-mail without logging in several times.  

2. I would like to go to Fios TV listing without logging in several times.

3. I would like to get to my favorite TV stations without the site telling me I don't have any.

4. I don't even try to look further on your site.  

How many of my fellow Verizon users want a new user friendly site?  

by flpacker on ‎11-13-2012 02:04 AM

Also get rid of the pop up ads...

Dressage74 wrote:

I know I do. 

1. I want to check my e-mail without logging in several times.  

2. I would like to go to Fios TV listing without logging in several times.

3. I would like to get to my favorite TV stations without the site telling me I don't have any.

4. I don't even try to look further on your site.  

How many of my fellow Verizon users want a new user friendly site?  

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools