Customers With Disabilities
KJLM

Automatic on-demand shortcuts (Virtual DVR)

by KJLM on ‎09-24-2010 09:14 AM

Because of limited DVR space and the fact that sometimes people don’t care if they wait a few days or a week to view a program, we’d like to see an option added to the DVR that would add a shortcut to the DVR menus linked to the program in on-demand.

I realize you can always search the on-demand library but on countless times for prime time programs you have to keep going back every day to see if it’s available yet. It’s also easy to forget about it completely.

For example, I like to watch CSI Miami in HD. I’m a little short on DVR disk space and I probably won’t watch CSI before 3-5 days after it broadcasts anyway.

I select the program on my guide and have the option to create an on-demand shortcut (either one time OR for the series). Of course not all programs can have this capability… In a few days when the program shows up under CBS’ on-demand library it shows up as a show on my DVR (with a different icon of course). You could mix it in with regular recorded programs or separate it into a new feature called virtual DVR. It could also work on STBs… The process would be very similar to your bookmarks, but would be automatic.

When you go into your DVR you could see the shortcut and say “Ah my CSI Miami is available for viewing via on-demand” select the shortcut and view CSI from your on-demand library. After you’re done watching you can delete the shortcut or leave it. The VDVR should automatically remove it after a pre-determined number of shortcuts are reached or it’s no longer available on-demand.

Couldn't agree more with this idea. So much so that we had already started developing it as you described, but with even more features than you described. On Demand and DVR are natural partners.
Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎09-24-2010 02:47 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-05-2010 10:55 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Employee on ‎10-06-2010 09:50 AM
Status changed to: In Progress
Couldn't agree more with this idea. So much so that we had already started developing it as you described, but with even more features than you described. On Demand and DVR are natural partners.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools