Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
firegeek

Better phone customer service- more accountability to your customers

by firegeek on ‎01-22-2011 06:41 PM

We just switched to FiOS.  We love the service but your customer service phone support is questioning our decision.  For example - tonight, our first bill came in, $ 201.43.  Well over $ 100.00 more then we expected.  I called customer service, billing.  I was put on hold for over 45 mintues before someone answered.  A man answered, confirmed my account information and asked if he could access my account.  I was polite and nice, I explained to him that I had numerous questions - I have been overbilled for services and did not understand why I was being billed extra.  The "customer service" rep. told me "We will one month in advance", he put me back on hold.  No explaination, no comments, nothing...currently I am still ON HOLD.  It has now been over 1 1/2 hours - that I have been on hold.

If customer service does not get better - I will end this service and go with timewarner cable or AT & T, timewarner cable customer service is by far more superior.

And to make matters worse, that "customer service" man - he gets away with it, who am I suppose to complain too?  I do not have his name nor will anyone pick up the phone to answer my questions !

Comments
by trickybrkn on ‎02-28-2011 11:04 AM

CS is really my biggest issue with Verizon. 

I have had FiOS since November of 2009. I signed up for the Extreme HD Tv and FiOS internet. Somewhere, they changed the plan for ExtemeHD and kept me on what was refered to as the Extreme HD 2009 plan. When FiOS adds new channels I don't get them. I have called about this and receieve a different story every time. That is frustrating. What makes me angry is, I've wasted well over two hours on the phone one weekend trying to understand it, sort it out, one rep even telling me that my service would be disconnected if I didn't UPGRADE to ExtremeHD. Don't I have ExtremeHD? but a different flavor? No I was told, I have a package no longer availible and when the one year runs out I will be terminated from TV services.  Odd. on so many levels. I reached out to the facebook folks, filled out the ticket, but no contact, beyond we are very sorry that is the policy in email.  What is the policy.  

But was is just criminal is the hours they actually pick up the phone. Closed weekends, shut down early...

Basically they work when I do.  

I stopped trying to get an explanation, and oddly when November came and past I still had TV service and still get billed the same every month since.

We are not interested in your internal workings, the names you provide to services etc...  We want TV and internet, and a clear ability to select what it is we get and don't.

by lookin4custsrv on ‎02-28-2011 11:14 AM

They broke up the Ma Bells to prevent manipulation of the market.  Now here we are with Verizon.

Now with the companies having full control over TV, internet and phone and the elimination of air TV there is nothing a consumer can do.  I actually had a service rep tell me that they control all of it and there is nothing you can do they (Verizon) are more powerful than the government..

by dragon8452 on ‎03-18-2011 03:57 PM

I am also among those who feel that Verizon simply isn't providing adequate customer service and couldn't agree more.  I have posted my story here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/ATTN-Management-Verizon-has-serious-customer-service-issu...

Someone at Verizon is accountable for the way customers are treated.  Does anyone know who? Verizon-you have invested way to much in your FiOS network only to loose customers (and equipment/labor investment) because of the bureaucracy that composes of the people that are supposed to be helping your customers/people that are the income side of your business..

by Nomadb52 on ‎03-21-2011 08:04 PM

How about having a plan in place when new products are rolled out so people don't feel they got the raw end of the deal? Read my story.

I bought the IPad and 3G service because Verizon Rep said he was not sure when the Ipad2 was coming out and because he said it would be quite a while. Weeks later they announce the new Ipad2 with built in 3G. Went back to store and they said sorry can't do anything call customer service *611. Customer service could not help and said a Supervisor would call me...Never called. Called back three days later and spoke with supervisor. She said no one at the stores knows when a new item is rolling out. I said Apple is refunding $ what is Verizon doing. She said go to the Apple store. I asked to return the Ipad1 for credit and I will pay the difference for the new one.  She said Verizon has no plans to refund or compensate. Basically it feels like Verizon corporate kept it quiet so they wouldn't lose sales because any person would have waited for the new version. The Supervisor said it might have been a contact with Apple. So what if it is...how do you take care of the affected people. I basically told to pound sand by your rep but she did tell me to have a greater day!!!  I have already cancelled my 3G service and took a $170 early termination fee...But it is about the principle. You do the right thing for the customer if your not honest up front.  I am canceling my Fios TV, Internet and phone. They are losing $1500+ per year now plus all the people I tell to buy the IPad at the Apple store and or keep away from Verizon.

Thank you,

Ian

PS - All the people at Verizon I spoke with did say there were a lot of complaints.

by Employee ‎04-12-2011 04:04 AM - edited ‎04-12-2011 04:09 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

The rep was correct... Apple controls when the public is informed about its new products (not Verizon). The reps in the store and most of VZ employees find out either a few hours before the device is available or with the rest of the world when it is announced at the Apple press conference.

by asmith3455 on ‎04-15-2011 05:14 PM

Why is it that it takes over 30 minutes every time I call Verizon to resolve a simple issue?  I was promised a Fios set top box replacement to be shipped overnight yesterday.  It didn't arrive as promised so I called Verizon.  20 minutes later I'm connected to technical service.  They tell me the set box shipment was delayed another 3 days because Verizon is doing inventory in the warehouse.  Very nice way to treat customers where taking inventory is more important than taking care of a customer.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎04-20-2011 01:06 PM
Status changed to: Clarification Needed
Were you able to get your replacement set top box?
by LB123 on ‎06-21-2011 03:18 PM

When I call the 1800 # instead of making me go through multiple prompts just to find out the office is closed you should have the phones immediately tell you the offices are currently closed to proceed with the automated system to make a payment etc. press 1. This way your customers are not annoyed and have not wasted their time. 

by Gold Contributor V on ‎06-21-2011 11:36 PM

The main number doesn't know whether you want billing or tech support (24/7) until you tell it. It also doesn't know where you are located to know whether your Billing center is still open or not until you tell it.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools