Customers With Disabilities
njh2oskier

Billing convenience fee!!!!!!

by njh2oskier on ‎12-29-2011 12:34 PM

Are you serious!!! 

You want to charge us for paying our bill?

You better,  

1. hire more people to go back to opening paper payments,

2. hire more people to log the paper payments,

3. pay more to mail my bill because I'll be signing back on to getting paper bills if I have pay postage to mail my payments (just 

to make this whole deal more costly for your company),

4. wait for my bank to cash my paper check before you get my payment.

5. OR fire the genius that came up with this convenience fee plan!!!

Sincerely,

One hot customer

Comments
by jprski on ‎12-29-2011 12:46 PM - last edited on ‎12-29-2011 01:10 PM by Moderator

Billing inconvenienc​e fee!!!!!!

I just called customer support and they do not give a crap that people are {word filter avoidance}.  They changed the TOS in the middle of you plan, now I am stuck with verizon for 1 year and 10 months now.  If I knew they were going to do this I would have not signed up with verizon again.

So the only choice I have is to go back to paper bills and mailing a check each month, which if more people will do that will cause verizon to LOSE MONEY.

You are now stuck with 1 {word filter avoidance} customer for the next 1 year and 10 months.

Can you hear me now?

by Airmale on ‎12-29-2011 01:48 PM

RE: $2 Fee

This has really gone too far.  There are many of us out here that will not give you access to our deposit accounts.  The corporate animal has proven time and time again that it cannot be trusted.  It looks like you go back to processing my paper checks thru the mail until I can find another phone and internet provider. 

by JFjr on ‎12-29-2011 01:57 PM
Did this come from the New Coke idea factory? Or did someone must have hit the eggnog a bit hard? Will $2/month cover the cost of going back to paper bills and paper checks? Fortunately for you, the pain will be short -- only until we switch carriers. You already lost my family's wireless, the land line is the last vestage of Verizon in our house.
by jkalner on ‎12-29-2011 02:01 PM

I'm with the other posters on this--a $2 fee to pay you online every month!  Come on.  You should have learned from the Bank of America experience on fees.  In my case, I have paid my monthly bill promptly electronically using my credit card as soon as I see the new invoice is ready.  Now I guess I'll pay by check and wait until the last few days before the due date.  I don't see how that helps Verizon.  Please re-think this one and use common sense.   You are going to cause people to go viral on this. 

by waffle ‎12-29-2011 02:42 PM - edited ‎12-29-2011 02:44 PM

Who  ever  came up  with this idea  is an  over paid idiot.    The whole  idea  of paperless billing  is  it is cost effective.    But I guess  Verizon  can't raise rates so  instead the are  trying the back door    well  I just  de-enrolled   my paperless billing  and  yanked both my CC and checking accounts.     They are going to  have to  mail  the bill  and I'll  mail  a check.  Next step  is to  change phone and internet service.     Verizon  will be  the new Nteflix.    If you have stock  better unload them  ASAP   because the stock  is going to tank.   Now  to  see what people are saying on  Facebook  and Twitter.  

by jlbu on ‎12-29-2011 02:57 PM

This is the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time.  What could they possibly be thinking?  It must be a mistake.  Some of us spend $300-$500 or more a month on family plan cell phone, fios, internet and land line.  Can they possibly be any more offensive than this? 

I wil wait for clarification but if it all turns out to be true I too will be canceling the paperless statement and will start sending the paper check. So 19th Century!    That is, until the end of my contract period when I will take a look around at carriers who aren't so reckless with their good name and my money.

by Visionr40 ‎12-29-2011 02:58 PM - edited ‎12-29-2011 03:01 PM

Does this require a contract change and if not why not?  Switching back to paper billing is the way to go!!!

by Moderator on ‎12-29-2011 03:05 PM

Hello everyone

The comments on this idea have been disabled, as the idea relates to wireless billing. The Idea Exchange is dedicated to Verizon residential products only. We invite you to continue your discussion on the Wirelss forum at

http://community.vzw.com/

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools