Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
cmonhollan

Box Keyword

by cmonhollan on ‎11-05-2011 08:52 PM

I have the Verizon Fios package and myself being the huge hockey fan that I am, I don't always know when a game is being televised on another channel, say Versus or a college game. I think there should be a way to give your box a keyword and when said keyword is in the program description, the box asks if you want to flip to that channel? Kind of the same way when you set a reminder, how a box pops up to ask if you want to turn the channel on.

For example: My keyword would be hockey. So like tonight, the Big Ten Network played the Minnesota-North Dakota college hockey game. I had no idea it was on until I happened to scroll past it while searching the guide. If I had the keyword set up, I would have known at the beginning of the game instead of missing half of it.

That is kind of a cool idea. Kudos. We think of things like that in terms of playlist functionality. Would you want to input the keyword and then get a look ahead to see what the box was going to show you, so you could edit it? of course, the results will only be as good as the search term used, so we have to ask: in this case did you search on 'hockey' or 'game' up front and if so, did the game get missed by the search engine?
Comments
by Employee on ‎11-17-2011 12:58 PM
Status changed to: Clarification Needed
That is kind of a cool idea. Kudos. We think of things like that in terms of playlist functionality. Would you want to input the keyword and then get a look ahead to see what the box was going to show you, so you could edit it? of course, the results will only be as good as the search term used, so we have to ask: in this case did you search on 'hockey' or 'game' up front and if so, did the game get missed by the search engine?
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools