• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
MarkL

Bring Back MSN Premium

by MarkL on ‎01-03-2012 03:38 PM

So I just go the word that MSN Premium will stop being my ISP portal for my verizon/MSN email accounts, unless I pay more for MSN Premium.

I suppose this is because Verizon wants the ad space/revenue.  The only thing is when I went to log on, I get an error message that is not decipherable (may be user/password error, but who can tell????)

BRING BACK MY MSN for FREE.  I pay enough for the service that I do not deserve to be nickled and dimed like this.  

BAD IDEA.  The $2 fee to pay your bill didn't work, so let's try this!!!

Do you want to keep your MSN too?   Let's hear it!

Mark L

Comments
by Moderator on ‎01-03-2012 04:03 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by siesal on ‎01-03-2012 04:04 PM

MSN should stay fee-free.

I already pay enough for internet service without paying  for MSN premium. I am a long-time customer and losing my email address is akin to changing my phone number.  At least I get to make that decision myself.

You are pushing customers away to Google.

Please reconsider.

by sevenjrb on ‎01-03-2012 04:32 PM

The change to MSN Premium is another outrageous attempt  to nickle and time consumers in an already very profitable business, To top it off the propsed price is difficult to determnine. When I attempted the procedure the page was not availablle.

by judy101 on ‎01-03-2012 05:39 PM

I would like to know why the change is happening. I'm sure I'll get used to not using MSN premium. The biggest loss to me is losing the security features that we had with MSN. What other options will be available?

by delcolady666 on ‎01-03-2012 05:44 PM

Verizon has let me down. I am established with my email accounts, and have held them for years, along with the spyware and virus protection through MSN. I used the Verizon essentials for virus protection and it totally failed me. All of my pictures, important docs and songs GONE. I paid extra for a protection service, I got crap. Verizon would assist to recover what was lost, but for a price. I removed the essentials and I have been using MSN MacAfee and webroot spy sweeper with NO issues. Now you are going to take it away? Verizon email sucks, i am loaded with spam on an email account i never use, and never pass out. How am I getting spam? Especially when you have all of these updates about spam and how you are trying g to eliminate it. Well again you have failed me, and Verizon internet was the only thing keeping me with Verizon. I have been patiently waiting for fios, so I can keep my service with Verizon, but as of this moment. I will be shopping around. 

by Buzz13 ‎01-03-2012 05:45 PM - edited ‎01-03-2012 05:48 PM

Bring back MSN Premium. This is another way to get money from the user. I think I will go to COMCAST.

Our area doesn't even have FIOS. I'll get the triple play from comcast and save money. What does the CEO of

Verizon make? In the millions? The pool guy at the bottom has to pay again. 

by milikaa1 on ‎01-03-2012 06:34 PM

I can not stand Verizon, their service is horrible yet I have no other choice in my area, we are held prisoners by them.

Last December I started having problems with MSN, lots of problems, Verizon refused to help me because it was MSN, MSN refused to help me because I pay Verizon, I could never get the problems resolved to date, Verizon told me to use I. E which I dont like and has the same problems,  (I have to constantly enter in my passwords, the tick marks wont remember I checked them), I am slammed with Verizon ads when I go to all email accounts I have with MSN. I now use Firefox.

I loved MSN for all the features it has to offer, I pay for this service and it is being taken away, I wonder if Verizon will lower our bills for this? I feel I/we are paying for a service we are not getting. I honestly dont think Verizon will credit us though, they have a good thing going to their pocket books, like when they are charging me for a service on my Freedom Essentials when it had been added as a free "service" a year prior, I can not even get my money back for that!

I have so many "favorites" I save on MSN and now have to figure out how to export them to avoid losing them, I do not like going into my files to do this.

by MarkL on ‎01-03-2012 06:59 PM
Here is the message from Verizon, just received today - Dear Customer, We are writing to let you know that as of March 1, 2012, Verizon and Microsoft will no longer support the Verizon/MSN Premium co-branded page. The following information details the service changes: What will not change? There will be no disruption of your Verizon Internet service There will be no change to your monthly service rate There will be no change to your email address What will change? The Verizon/MSN Premium co-branded home page verizon.msn.com will be discontinued on March 1, 2012. After this date, you will no longer be able to access your Verizon.net email If this is your home page, we recommend you change it to myverizon.com for easy access to your Verizon.net account. For assistance making this change, visit support.verizon.com. To check your verizon.net email or other account information, log into My Verizon with your verizon.net ID and password To learn more about how your Microsoft msn.com or hotmail.com account will be impacted, visit the MSN Membercenter If you have any questions, please visit support.verizon.com. Thank you for choosing Verizon. Sincerely, Verizon _______________________________
by alexc on ‎01-03-2012 07:06 PM

this is realy a bad idea, if it happens I migth decide to cancel my verizon services

by unhappy_user on ‎01-03-2012 07:16 PM

It is insulting that Verizon expects us to pay even more for MSN premium.  

Great way to lose customers.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools