• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
MarkL

Bring Back MSN Premium

by MarkL on ‎01-03-2012 03:38 PM

So I just go the word that MSN Premium will stop being my ISP portal for my verizon/MSN email accounts, unless I pay more for MSN Premium.

I suppose this is because Verizon wants the ad space/revenue.  The only thing is when I went to log on, I get an error message that is not decipherable (may be user/password error, but who can tell????)

BRING BACK MY MSN for FREE.  I pay enough for the service that I do not deserve to be nickled and dimed like this.  

BAD IDEA.  The $2 fee to pay your bill didn't work, so let's try this!!!

Do you want to keep your MSN too?   Let's hear it!

Mark L

Comments
by elrobidos on ‎01-27-2012 01:46 PM

Since they are going discontinue msn premium does that means that I have the right to cancel the contract that I have with verizon. And go with a different provider any suggestions?

by toto123 on ‎02-03-2012 03:35 AM

I'll be leaving Verzion. I only stayed with Verizon is because of the MSN. I don't have $59 to upgrade to MSN.

It will be cheaper to go with Comcast where I have my cable anyways.

Now have to find all my emails, copy them all & change all y email addresses, a pain in the butt.

Thanks for the loyalty Verizon. I've been with you for more than 20 years but unless you give us our MSN

back for free then you just lost another customer.

This is NOT FAIR!!!!!  And in this bad economy I have to come ip with $ 60 bucks?? Not possible!!!!!

Can't swear on this forum but my in my head I am swearing.

by Sager on ‎02-03-2012 02:31 PM

The last Poster pretty much summed up the general feelings of all but one of the contributors on this Blog.

Verizon, you are leaving alot of people very disappointed in your handling of this matter. On the issue of crediting your "contract" subscribers the amount equal to the cost of MSN service, (about $5.00 per month for the contract term limit) you state in your FAQ's:

"Will these changes cause my services or pricing to change?
No, there is no change to your Verizon Internet access service, plan, or price as a result of these changes."

It appears obvious that you have no intention of making any concessions what-so-ever to accomodate your faithful subscribers. So why even bother having a blog page on the subject when you've already decided you're not going to do anything about it anyway?  The next thing you'll claim is that it's all MSN's fault.  Still, you get $5 bucks a month and now they get $5 a month.  There goes my package discount!   

You want us to 'Share Ideas'. You say, "We're here, and we're listening."  But we haven't heard any solutions from you yet. So, on behalf of all the disgruntled compatriots here, I just have to ask...

HEY VERIZON,  CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? 

by slhcrnp on ‎02-05-2012 06:30 AM

Back to say that I am totally unhappy with verizon's lack of response to us and to those on other threads who have taken the time to share feedback. 

by mellied on ‎02-13-2012 02:30 AM

I agree with all the above comments.  Have had MSN years before switching to Verizon DSL.  Continuing with MSN Premium was an important perk in making my decision tpgowith Verizon DSL.  Now after paying for my household phone, internet and wireless and that for my Mother's household we are told about the loss of MSN.  Weeks ago I lost the inability to sign into MSN through the "butterfly" screen on my laptop, and recently on my newer desktop computer. The only way I can access my mail is  to sign onto "Verizon with MSN Premium." HA   I  am therefore unable to access my list of thousands of favorites.  I though March 1st was deadline!!!   I contacted online support and was hopeful when they promptly returned instructions to correct the problem.  When I attempted this process, I just received numerous error messages on both computers.  Decided to go ahead and pay $9.95 per year to keep MSN without the security benefits.  When I explained I am unable to sign on at butterfly, she said I could use my one and only tech assistance call for help to get it going!!  Yes, I too will be shopping alternatives!!

by MarkL on ‎02-14-2012 03:48 PM
I am the OP. Here is the latest if you have not seen it. Please VOTE for this idea and ask your friends to also - Dear Customer, There are changes coming March 1, 2012 to your Verizon with MSN Premium and associated features. What will not change? • There will be no disruption of your Verizon Internet connection. • There will be no change to your Verizon monthly service fee. • There will be no change to your Verizon.net e-mail account or e-mail address. What's changing? MSN Premium will no longer be included with Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon FiOS Internet service in your area effective March 1, 2012. As a courtesy to existing Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon FiOS Internet service users, Microsoft is offering special pricing if you wish to purchase an MSN Premium subscription directly from Microsoft. This special pricing is for a limited time only. What do I need to do to keep MSN Premium? • Simply log in to your MSN Premium account; you will be prompted to purchase a subscription directly from Microsoft through March 1, 2012. Follow the instructions provided and continue to enjoy the MSN Premium features you have today. • You can also call MSN Sales at 1-866-205-6768. How much will it cost? Once you agree to purchase the retail version of MSN Premium, you'll be billed at the special MSN Premium price of $9.95 per year for the Economy plan (excludes technical support via phone and security software), or $59.95 per year for the Premium plan (includes 24x7 technical support, McAfee® Anti-Virus Plus – MSN Edition, and Webroot® Spy Sweeper for MSN). How will this affect me? If you don't purchase a subscription to MSN Premium directly from Microsoft by March 1, 2012, the following things will occur: • Sign In: Your MSN Premium subscription will automatically expire. You will not be able to sign into MSN via the butterfly. • Email: Your MSN primary and secondary email accounts will convert to free email accounts. This means your email address will stay the same; however, you will begin to see advertisements while viewing your email inbox. You may continue to use your email account(s) via a computer with internet access as long as you access the account at least once every 270 days to keep it active. • Antivirus/Anti-Spyware: Your McAfee® AntiVirus Plus - MSN Edition and Webroot® Spy Sweeper for MSN services will expire. • Locally-stored Email: Access to locally stored email for your primary and secondary accounts will no longer be available. Please visit our FAQs to learn how to save your locally stored email. • Favorites Bookmarks: If you are using the MSN client as your browser, any "Favorites" bookmarks will no longer be available. Please transition any bookmarks to your new browser before March 1, 2012. • My.msn.com website: Advertisements will display on the my.msn.com site. What if I have questions? Please visit our MSN Premium Frequently Asked Questions for more information about this change. If you have technical support questions about your MSN Premium software, call MSN Technical Support at 1-800-494-2962 or visit http://answers.msn.com. What if I use a verizon.net account? Please visit Verizon.net Frequently Asked Questions for more information. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and are committed to working with you through this transition to ensure as little disruption as possible. Sincerely, The MSN Premium Team Microsoft respects your privacy. Please read our online Privacy Statement. Microsoft Corporation One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052-6399 Please do not reply to this email as this email is being sent from an unmonitored email address. ###
by Sager on ‎02-17-2012 09:05 PM

OK!  I have executed the 'Dirty Deed' and spent $59.99 on the MSN transition, sans Verizon.

I have also sent a letter to The Florida Public Service Commission, (FPSC) and the Federal Communications Commission, (FCC) regarding the refusal of Verizon to credit my account the monthly fee equal to the MSN service fee Verizon no longer provides as part of my two year contractual agreement. Through the term of my 2 year 'bundle agreement', this amount is now in excess of $100.00!

Bad form Verizon!!!

You (Verizon) are more than willing to assess me your monthly subscription charges for services promised but not delivered. But, I can't cancel your services without paying early termination fees?  What's that all about!

Is it any wonder why people are so disgusted with BIG Corporations these days?  The pitiful few of us on this useless blog amount to a mere peep in your grand scheme of bottom line profits and steadfast arrogance. Verizon can't even look the few in the eye and make miniscule concessions. That's what Verizon prefers.

Verizon's integrity now comes into question.  But, you don't seem to care.  It doesn't mean a hill of beans to you what the rest of us feel.  You are stealing our hard earned money and telling us there is nothing we can do about it! Shame on YOU Verizon!

And as for us 'pitiful few', I suppose some here wouldn't mind taking a look at the results of your other deaf-dumb-blind responses in your lack of addressing issues...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/verizon_fios.html

As you sit around your executive conference tables and laugh about the comments you read here, keep in mind that you are ignoring your subscribers who actually work for a living and have chosen Verizon as their source of entertainment.  Stop ripping us off! 

End of Rant    

Goodbye 

by segacorpceo on ‎02-29-2012 10:13 PM

I signed up in 2005 with MSN premium and now you have the audacity to take it away. This is how you treat long time paying customers.  It was a good deal then but now you took away my only incentive to stay with verizon. I hope you decide to grand father us in or I might change ISP's. 

by ‎03-01-2012 03:42 AM - edited ‎03-01-2012 03:42 AM

I just paid the $9.95 minimum to MS. I don't use the security tools anyway. I have and prefer my own.

by hoffdinah on ‎03-03-2012 10:56 AM

I wished I would have saw this forum before March 1st.  What I did was forward my msn email to my yahoo account.  All my old emails were sent and any new ones I get.  I haven't used my Verizon emails for a long while due to spam.  If there was a easier way to switch services I would be the first in line.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools