Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
firebolt

Bring back Tennis channel (and Tennis channel HD) [Frontier]

by firebolt ‎09-03-2011 11:27 AM - edited ‎09-03-2011 04:12 PM

The Tennis channel was dropped as of 9/2/2011 -- right in the middle of the US Open! 

Let's get this channel back in the FiOS extreme channel line-up!

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26251034-FIOS-TV-Tennis-channel-being-dropped-?r=726#26265619

+1 for Tennis Channel in HD on FiOS!

Comments
by Gold Contributor VII on ‎09-03-2011 03:52 PM

Huh????? That forum referenced is for Frontier, not Verizon. And while I never watch it, I just checked and the Tennis channel is stil available here in North Texas on Verizon FiOS.

Bad information.

by firebolt on ‎09-03-2011 04:11 PM

Frontier bought Verizon customers in the Pacific Northwest and operates the same business including FiOS for customers there.  They do weird things like having us sign in with Verizon credentials and use Verizon forum pages for customer support.

Tennis Channel was yanked, so let me tag the title as Frontier. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/technology/companies/14phone.html

by tented on ‎09-04-2011 01:24 PM

Just found out about this today. To do this right in the middle of the US Open is a crime!

Please bring back Tennis Channel immediately.

Thanks.

by gusgus on ‎09-04-2011 03:10 PM

Bring back the Tennis Channel NOW!  Today.

by javid26 on ‎09-04-2011 03:34 PM

I just spoke to Verizon and the CSR said that it was off permanently.  I live in Riverview, FL.  Does anyome know if Brighthouse still has the Tennis Channel...? I want to switch to them ASAP....if thats the case.  In the middle of the open....!! You have got to be kidding me...Verizon.

by TrainST on ‎09-04-2011 04:03 PM

Once again verizon continues to disappoint. It's no way to treat your customers, cutting the Tennis Channel during the highlight event of the year. 3D doesn't do most viewers any good.

by pbtennis on ‎09-04-2011 04:09 PM

bring back tennis now great timing u s open i should how when with comcast

by msf12 on ‎09-04-2011 05:02 PM

How could you drop tennis channel in the middle of the US Open.  Please bring it back ASAP.

by firebolt on ‎09-04-2011 05:10 PM

Please vote this up to help get more attention from Verizon/Frontier

by mikemickel on ‎09-04-2011 05:11 PM

Verizon seems to be deliberately muddying the waters on why Tennis Channel service has been stopped.  I spoke to two different people in technical support and one in billing.  I got three different stories.  But it seems apparent that there is some kind of contractual dispute between Tennis Channel and Verizon.  And Verizon has chosen to handle it by pulling the plug on its customers.  I believe this is a breach of contract.  The Tennis Channel is a major reason that I want cable.  Cancelling service in the middle of the US Open is totally unacceptable.  And Verizon billing says they won't do anything about it. 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools