Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
CrankyOldGuy

Busy line auto-callback

by CrankyOldGuy on ‎03-07-2012 11:21 AM
I would like to give anyone who calls my line while I'm on another call the option to press a number code to have Verizon call me back for them as soon as I'm off the phone. The other available options just don't suit my needs. I think that "call waiting" is rude. It's the equivalent of saying "I think our current conversation is less important than this unknown call coming in. Please hold." I have an answering machine which is more convenient to me than voice mail. Therefore having busy line calls go to voice mail is an inconvenience. What I do now is have a busy greeting which is "Hello, this is (my name). I'm on the phone right now, please call me back later." followed by a minute or so of recorded busy signal. I'd like to have a busy greeting which says "Hello, this is (my name). I'm on the phone right now, but if you press (number code) and hang up, Verizon will call me back for you as soon as I'm off the phone.".
Thank you for your suggestion. This is not technically feasible, and we don't have any plans for pursuing a feature of this kind. We did offer a Busy Redial feature where the caller could enter a code on their phone when they reached a busy number, and their phone would try the number for up to 30 minutes. However, due to very low interest, this feature is being grandfathered in June. If you subscribe to FiOS Digital Voice, missed calls are captured on the call log and you can look on your TV to see which calls you missed and click to dial them back. Although not ideal, at least call waiting will tell you who's calling so you know to call them back even if you always ignore it.
Comments
by Moderator on ‎03-07-2012 05:24 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Employee on ‎03-23-2012 09:38 AM
Status changed to: Not Likely
Thank you for your suggestion. This is not technically feasible, and we don't have any plans for pursuing a feature of this kind. We did offer a Busy Redial feature where the caller could enter a code on their phone when they reached a busy number, and their phone would try the number for up to 30 minutes. However, due to very low interest, this feature is being grandfathered in June. If you subscribe to FiOS Digital Voice, missed calls are captured on the call log and you can look on your TV to see which calls you missed and click to dial them back. Although not ideal, at least call waiting will tell you who's calling so you know to call them back even if you always ignore it.
by CrankyOldGuy on ‎03-28-2012 09:02 AM

Susrev, thanks for your response. I didn't know that the call logs were accessible from the TV. Is there a widget for that? I just looked but couldn't find one. If they are available, then that helps resolve another issue I had with the timing of the callerid on TV messages.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools