Customers With Disabilities
JuneRose

Caller ID blocking and unblocking calls

by JuneRose on ‎12-28-2011 04:46 AM

Verizon's online description of CallerID says that you can block or unblock "Private" or "Anonymous" callers, but the instructions on how to actually do that do not appear in the online description. At least I couldn't find them. I called Verizon and went through many voice mail menus to get to the answer which is that you dial *77 to block and *87 to unblock such calls. I suggest that you make this information more easily available to customers --both online and also in the telephone book, where I couldn't find it either.

Comments
by Moderator on ‎12-28-2011 05:49 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by smoke189 on ‎12-28-2011 08:49 AM

I tried the *77 and the *87 on my landline and it says "this feature is not available on this phone"

It would help if there was more than 10 calls to block. I know this has been discussed and maybe in the works.

by champ2222 on ‎12-30-2011 10:27 AM

:smileyhappy:I would like to thank Verizon for their excellent response to my phone problem. I had a serviceman here at my home within the hour and fixed my problem in ten minutes. 

Thank you,

Donald Champion

by ritaroy on ‎10-07-2013 03:04 PM

Hello all, SO I still don't understand how to block a phone number??? When do I dial #77? After the call? DO I dial #77 and then the number? Please help/explain

by Irked on ‎01-08-2014 09:20 AM - last edited on ‎01-08-2014 02:50 PM by Moderator
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools