Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
mk40niner

Caller ID on Computer for Digital Voice? (aka VZ Call Assistant on landline)

by mk40niner ‎10-07-2010 08:27 AM - edited ‎10-08-2010 08:00 AM

Upon switching from traditional landline service to FiOS Digital Voice, I LOST the option to use VZ Call Assistant which provides the ability to see your Caller ID displayed on your computer!  I realize I now have the ability to display Caller ID on my TV and that is GREAT, but I would still like to see it on my computer as well! Any chance of this happening?? Thank you!

If you are referring to pop-up notifications, Maybe Later. With FiOS Digital Voice, you do have access to Call Logs as well as other features using a web Account Manager. Go to verizon.com/fiosvoice, create your user name and password (same as your MyVerizon sign on credentials), and customize your account.
Comments
by Tarek on ‎10-08-2010 07:33 AM

how did you enable caller ID on your tv?

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-08-2010 07:58 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by mk40niner on ‎10-09-2010 07:37 AM

First, I believe it can only be done if you have FiOS TV. But if you do, select MENU on the remote, go into "Settings", and in that list you will see a "Caller ID" option. Follow the instructions there to setup Caller ID on your TV!

by on ‎10-10-2010 03:57 PM

there is a way to be notified of a call coming in with digital voice - you can set it to receive notifications via email

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-22-2010 02:19 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Good-Buddy on ‎11-02-2010 07:17 PM

I think it would be great to not only get Caller ID on the TV (as is now) but also get it on screen on my computer.  Good Idea hope Verizon gets it before Cox does.

by Employee on ‎12-30-2010 08:41 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
If you are referring to pop-up notifications, Maybe Later. With FiOS Digital Voice, you do have access to Call Logs as well as other features using a web Account Manager. Go to verizon.com/fiosvoice, create your user name and password (same as your MyVerizon sign on credentials), and customize your account.
by mk40niner on ‎02-02-2011 06:40 PM

Yes, I have done that, but its NOT Real-time caller ID on my PC!

It's AMAZING that Verizon can bring "the MOST Advanced FIBER OPTIC Network straight to my door", but they can't provide this feature which IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE on POTS lines!! LOL! (for those who don't know, POTS = Plain Old Telephone Service, yes over the old copper lines! - The feature is VZ Call Assistant) Go figure!

susrev wrote:

by nnjjoe50 on ‎11-11-2011 07:54 AM

i agree with mk40niner, i just went to digital voice from pots, and i'm sad that i lost the feature. i have a phone that doesn't have caller id where i have my pc, and it was nice to be able to see who was calling while working there without the tv on. call logs aren't the same since this was real time.

it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to implement that feature. its already in call assistant, and with all the other neat features, like making an outgoing call via your pc, you'd think this would be nothing.

also, it seems that the call assistant client app doesn't work with digital voice either.

by FWEhr on ‎04-29-2012 10:45 AM

Count me as another vote to provide this feature. Im conjecturing that with POTS, the caller ID-on-PC used the PC's modem [haven't used that word in a while!]. So no, we don't have that piece of hardware. Probably would require a change to the FiOS router - for FiOS TV I suppose the STB has the firmware to do the Caller ID display.

All speculation aside, it would be a modestly useful new feature. Might take a little sting off the just-announced increase in Vzn's triple-play rack rate.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools