Customers With Disabilities
0 Votes
stpobo

Can you say lawsuit?

by stpobo on ‎08-03-2011 12:05 PM

Hey, here's an idea.  How about not running people's credit reports until they have decided to agree to all terms and conditions.  I was considering one of Verizon's bundle packages, but changed my mind when I found out how long it would take for installation; however, Verizon ran my credit anyway.  24 hours later, I finally got a supervisor to return my call; however, I was told there was nothing he could about it.  Maybe he can't, but I am sure there is an attorney out there who can.  Does anyone know of anyone else this has happened to?  Maybe we can file a class-action suit.  If so, please respond.  I will definitely be on board!

Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎08-03-2011 12:20 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Admin Emeritus on ‎08-03-2011 01:44 PM

Sorry to hear about this issue, and thanks for the suggestion.

If you'd still like to speak to a Verizon rep, PM me and I'll work to get someone in touch with you.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎08-03-2011 01:45 PM

Acknowledging the idea of  "not running people's credit reports until they have decided to agree to all terms and conditions."

by ‎08-04-2011 08:00 AM - edited ‎08-04-2011 08:02 AM
Sorry but this is utter nonsense and your lawsit idea is ridiculous. Hell I check my credit report every single month there are always credit inqueries made by companies I never do business with. American Express, Direct TV, I have never ever done business with any of them, yet there are credit inqueries by them on me. Hell there was even one done by Comcast in the last year and I dumped thier pathetic butts almost 4 years ago. You're obviously someone wiht a grudge against Verizon (maybe a competitor plant?).
by stpobo on ‎08-15-2011 11:39 AM - last edited on ‎08-15-2011 01:32 PM by Moderator

Hey Bobbo.... Your plant comment is funny because that is what I was thinking about you.  As for the grudge part, you are absolutely correct.  After my dealings with Verizon over these past few weeks I have not hated a company more.  I practically sent the rep from Verizon business services who came into my office trying to sell me on phone services crying from my office.  When I see a  Verizon flyer left on my residence door I go around the neighborhood and collect and throw them all away before the neighbors come home. {Keep it Legal}  I do intend to follow through with an attorney as well as file a complaint with the Attorney General's office.  Until Verizon makes this right, being a thorn in Verizon's side is now my sole purpose.  

For your sake, I do really hope that what you are saying about your credit being accessed is untrue because NO ONE should be accessing your credit information without your approval and every time a company accesses your information it affects your credit rating.  You really should contact someone about that.  I have been a member of LifeLock for the past 3 years and I can tell you no one who was giving authorization has accessed my credit until Verizon did 2 weeks ago.  You should look into it.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools