Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
HDGuy

Cartoon Network HD, Funimation HD,

by HDGuy on ‎10-08-2010 07:06 AM - last edited on ‎10-25-2012 05:57 AM by Moderator

Since BBC-HD has already been asked for I'll as for some more. I have the Ultimate HD package and have little interest in sports, yet that seems to be all we're getting as far as new channels these days.

Cartoon Network HD has tons of new HD programing, the Brave and the Bold, Sym-Bionic Titan, etc.

Since Funimation switched over to HD, FIOS now streams the HD channel downconverted on the SD channel and it looks terrible. The resulting picture is either 4:3 letterboxed, or even worse, for 4:3 programming we have a postage stamp sized picture. It's virtually unwatchable. Please add them as a full HD channel ASAP.

Thanks for listening.

Cartoon Network HD already exist. Funimation is Not Likely to return.
Comments
by Employee on ‎10-08-2010 07:41 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
Both channels are in the new content add queue
by Employee on ‎10-12-2010 05:44 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
We are working on adding a number of new HD channels, however these are a bit lower in priority.
by FrankoQ on ‎02-12-2011 09:18 AM

is there a list of upcoming HD channels to be added and some idea on when they will be available?

by alexw on ‎02-26-2011 11:29 AM

Would like Cartoon Network in HD. 

CN has Young Justice, Star Wars Clone Wars, Batman, in fall THUNDERCATS relaunch which is visually stunning, plus the newer adult swim stuff.  It is worth HD now, as more than 6 year olds watch it's content and it's visually focused.  I'll pay for it, just offer it.  Thanks.

by bgut on ‎03-01-2011 10:05 AM

I agree with alexw. Verizon is one of the only cable providers not to offer Cartoon Network HD. This channel should be moved up the queue.

by AJP on ‎04-05-2011 08:26 PM

I definitely agree with everyone above. Since we switched to Fios, the only thing we are missing is some of the HD content from our previous provider. Please add Cartoon Network HD!

by gaurand on ‎04-07-2011 05:24 AM

Is it just me, or does Verizon/Fios seem very unresponsive (and hard to reach) regarding customer satisfaction and programming issues? Reading these forums is making me think twice (actually four or five times) about switching, especially given the dearth of HD channels my family enjoys with Optimum. C'mon there is no excuse for not offering Cartoon Network in HD and others (and stop blaming Cablevision for MSG issues, and work on the ones you can fix); Cartoon Network HD has been available for  two years already.  What's the point of having HD connections if the programming is poor and not up to that standard....even at a low get-you-in-the-door price? And I don't need or want more Payperview.

This lack of company response to HD programming requests (in some cases for more than two years) makes this a deal breaker in our family becoming a Fios customer. 

by RnD on ‎04-26-2011 04:37 PM

With all the reason to get FiOS, this is the one thing holding me back. Please get CN in HD. BBC America too!

by bdsl on ‎05-19-2011 10:40 PM

Hello:

I would like to know where in the queue is Cartoon Network HD?? recently switched from comcast which had it. An honest answer is all I ask Thanks!

by CoMiGa on ‎06-03-2011 11:10 AM

I am seriously considering switching to Brighthouse or dish to get CartoonNetwork HD. Please add it. I want my Clone Wars in HD!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools