Customers With Disabilities
HDGuy

Cartoon Network HD, Funimation HD,

by HDGuy on ‎10-08-2010 07:06 AM - last edited on ‎10-25-2012 05:57 AM by Moderator

Since BBC-HD has already been asked for I'll as for some more. I have the Ultimate HD package and have little interest in sports, yet that seems to be all we're getting as far as new channels these days.

Cartoon Network HD has tons of new HD programing, the Brave and the Bold, Sym-Bionic Titan, etc.

Since Funimation switched over to HD, FIOS now streams the HD channel downconverted on the SD channel and it looks terrible. The resulting picture is either 4:3 letterboxed, or even worse, for 4:3 programming we have a postage stamp sized picture. It's virtually unwatchable. Please add them as a full HD channel ASAP.

Thanks for listening.

Cartoon Network HD already exist. Funimation is Not Likely to return.
Comments
by Binh77 ‎06-06-2011 10:42 PM - edited ‎06-06-2011 10:43 PM

Had cox and found out to my surprise that Verizon doesn't have cartoon network in HD... I thought it would be a given!  Fios is great but add CN HD quick!!  Thanks!

by zeus115 on ‎06-14-2011 08:54 PM

Agreed. I never thought to check if they had Cartoon Network, BBC or G4 in HD.  I love my service and would prefer not to have to switch back to Directv. Fios please add these channels!!!!!

by on ‎07-07-2011 05:14 PM

Is this one ever going to happen? I know there are BILLIONS of Spanish stations and those ridiuclous .tv things you'd rather give us, but this would be wonderful.

by jerseyguy on ‎07-19-2011 07:34 PM

Echoing others' sentiments, I just switched from CVC to FiOS today and the #1 unexpected disappointment was the lack of CN HD (which I obviously had w/ CVC).  Seems a lot of the posts I'm reading here and on dslreports suggest that it's in the pipeline (what that practically means, I still haven't a clue) and given I'm not locked into a contract, I'll give it a couple months and if it does not seem probable that CNHD is on the immediate horizon, I'll just switch back and retry FiOS when they get it.  Upside is CVC would probably be ecstatic to win back a FiOS customer and work with me on bundle discounts and such. 

On an unrelated topic, I thought it was amusing that the installer brought the older HD DVR for the install (I was expecting the 7232).  I told him, if you were me and DVR'd a ton of shows, would you be OK with going from 1.5 tb of storage (which I had on CVC using an external eSATA HD on the SA explorer) to 160gb (I think it was 160...somewhere in that neighorhood)?  He laughed and said he was amazed that they were still deploying these boxes, called his supervisor and "found" a 7232. It really boggles my mind that VZ is so far behind in this particular area relative to their closet competition in this area.

But other than the lack of CN HD, I really have to commend VZ on a smooth install...the installer was a good guy, personalbe and knew his stuff.  And all of my interactions with the customer service and sales staff has been fantastic. 

by duckydan on ‎08-10-2011 07:23 AM

I also signed up for Fios in July and it is disappointing that CN HD is not available.  (Hd it on Comcast and Dish Network before switching over.)  It's one of the few channels that airs a majority of its programs in HD including a lot of original content.

by yakfishnick on ‎09-04-2011 12:08 AM
Please bring Cartoon Network HD to the FiOS lineup. It's sad to see all the hard work the folks put into the Star Wars Clone Wars animated features go to waste on a SD feed.
by Mfoga on ‎09-07-2011 02:28 PM
Sure we have sd but not having HD makes we want to return to directv.
by jecra on ‎10-17-2011 04:23 PM

I'm also dissapointed no CN HD

by FlamingKazin on ‎10-21-2011 12:28 AM
Seems like such a simple idea that doesn't require an explanation but it'd be greatly appreciated

Thanks for being available in my neighborhood and being such an amazing improvement over Comcast lol
by on ‎10-21-2011 07:31 AM

Aw, come on, what do we need Cartoon Network HD for? We've now got E! instead! Whooooooo, E! I'm sure that was heavily requested, right? Right? Anyone?

Sigh.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools