• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
drelexgrad

Changing Guide Color and Size

by drelexgrad on ‎09-14-2011 12:05 PM

Many of the changes to the North Texas Fios on-screen guides are great!  I have trouble seeing the small font and the white text on blue background makes viewing at a distance difficult for my old eyes.  I'd like to know how to increase the size of the font and change the background and test colors.

Thanks.

Appreciate the feedback. I would request you let it soak for a few weeks and post another round...
Comments
by hingber on ‎09-14-2011 12:25 PM

I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH THIS COMMENT. I HAVE A SONY 32" CRT STD DIF TV. I MADE SOME CHANGES IN MENU/SETTINGS/VIDEO SETTINGS AND GOT A BETTER READABILITY. WHAT MANAGER APPROVED THESE CHANGES? DID YOU HIRE AN INTERIOR DECORATOR TO DO YOUR DESIGN?? JUST GIVE US LARGE WHITE TEXT ON BLACK . ALSO MADE CHANGES IN CLOSED CAPTION SETTINGS AND GOT A BETTER READABILITY.

by meredithNH on ‎09-14-2011 01:45 PM

I am very disappointed with the new guide - the printing is too small and the letters blur together making it impossible to read - I can't imagine who would design or approve such a terrible design. I called Verizon and they said there is nothing they can do; now I have to decide whether to go back to Time Warner or hope that Verizon will come to its senses and either go back to the old guide or design one that's readable. Verizon could use eith Time Warner, or ATT as an example of an acceptable guide.

by rockkinmamma on ‎09-14-2011 02:18 PM

I agree! Woke up this morning to see they had updated the guide. I'm only 22 and can't even see this thing. I have to squint ot be able to read the text on the light colored background. Please change this, what is the point of a guid if you can't use it?

by bndfind on ‎09-14-2011 02:57 PM

The FIOS system engineers need to provide a method of adjusting font size and font colors.  Not all subscribers have the same size TV and / or have the same viewing distances.  Another issue is the additional info sub-menuing format.  When I select "additional info" I should be directed directly to the additional information.  With the current format, I must navigate again to receive the additional info.  Also, the additional info provided is not as comprehensive or thorough as Direct TV's.

by chuckost on ‎09-14-2011 02:58 PM

Please go back to the old guide.  Whoever designed this change couldn't have done any user research.

by auntyc on ‎09-14-2011 04:51 PM

THIS IS THE WORST GUIDE EVER!!!! It takes up 1/3 of the screen and you cant read what is on there. Who thought of this?! TERRIBLE!!! There is WAY too much information on the screen. If I wanted to see all this I would choose the menu button. CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

by JC705 on ‎09-14-2011 05:52 PM

How many customers are needed to complain about the new guide before they will change it?  Why change something that is not broken...can't see new guide without my glasses...bad decision on font size and colors.

by boomertx on ‎09-14-2011 06:23 PM

The new guide is harder to read. I have a 47" wide screen and I sit about 15' away. I could read the old guide without my glasses. Now everything is blurd together and I have to use my glasses to read the guide. They should give us an option to go back to the old view.

by rochie13 on ‎09-14-2011 07:06 PM

PLEASE change the guide back the way it was!  Not only can I not read it or tell how long a show has been on (i.e. movies) without going into the info box, I have to select my favorites each time I push the guide button AND it doesn't start at the channel we are currently watching!  Makes me want to switch providers!  YUCK!!!

by Employee on ‎09-14-2011 07:42 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Appreciate the feedback. I would request you let it soak for a few weeks and post another round...
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools