• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
vmishra

Channel Lineup in South Asian (Hindi) Package

by vmishra on ‎04-05-2012 09:20 AM

Dear All

This post is regarding the poor quality of channel lineup in the South Asian (Hindi) package. Till date, there are 4 channels in there, namely:

SET Asia

Zee TV

Asia TV

Star India Plus

The monthly charges for this package is 34.99.

I am a resident of PA, a native of India, my native language being Hindi. In order to satisfy my Hindi TV craving, presently I have a FIOS subscription for Extreme HD to view the American channels and on top of it I have subscribed to Dish Network for their Hindi Pack, which comes to another $65 (44.99 for the package and then rest of the **bleep** charges being put in on top of it). This package has the following popular hindi channels in its lineup:

>AAJ TAK (AAJTK)
>AAPKA COLORS (APCLR)
>LIFE OK (LIFOK)
>MTV HINDI (MTVH)
>RADIO CITY (RADIO)
>SAB (SAB)
>SAHARA SAMAY (SAMAY)
>SET MAX (SETMX)
>SONY ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION ASIA (SET)
>STAR INDIA PLUS (STAR+)
>TIMES NOW (TIMES)
>TV ASIA (TVASA)
>ZEE BUSINESS (ZEEBU)
>ZEE CINEMA (ZCINE)
>ZEE SMILE (ZEESM)
>ZEE TV (ZEETV)
>ZING (ZING)

You can see the content which is being offered here is more than enough for an average Hindi expatriate TV watcher. Even if some of the less popular ones in the above line up (e.g. RADIO CITY, SAB, TV ASIA, ZEEBU, ZEESM and ZING) are not offered, we would be probably content with the lineup.

Fios management should look into this - this will be a very nice marketing move towards South Asian community.

What is even more preplexing is that Verizon and Star India TV seems to already have a deal between them (see below news release on Verizon New Center):

http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2010/verizon-fios-tv-launches-news.html

And of course Verizon does have some kind of arrangement with SET Asia and ZEE - it will just be a matter of programming this into a package and advertising it across.

I hope that this post is read by some one who is associated with South Asian programming within FIOS organization.

Thanks and Regards

Comments
by Moderator on ‎06-26-2012 02:14 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by KS_NYC on ‎08-27-2012 12:41 PM

Could not agree more. Verizon Fios surely needs to get more Indian channels added, just a compare with Dish is good to provide direction.

Any updates on ongoing activity in this regard from FIOS will keep us motivated and hopeful that Verizon Fios listens to the Voice of Customers.

by VCVM ‎09-17-2012 06:10 PM - edited ‎09-17-2012 06:12 PM

Currently there are only four channels under International > South Asian (Hindi) category with a price tag of 35$ for 4 basic channels which is way too high when comparing  to Dish network which infact offers a wide array of channels catering to the South Asian population to choose from: http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/international/?Region=southasian&lang=Hindi#international. Eventhough I love Verizon + Fios, the unavailability of the numerous South Asian channels seems to force me to drop Verizon. Please add more channels.. we are ready to pay :-) 

by KS_NYC on ‎09-18-2012 06:56 AM

Agree, I may drop Verizon Fios too due to lack of Indian (South Asian - Hindi) Channels.

Verizon Moderator - Any update if more channels under South Asian - Hindi are being added???

by Moderator on ‎09-18-2012 07:24 AM
The role of a moderator is to maintain the forums itself. We do not have access to account/technical information with which to resolve your issues.
by alokva on ‎10-23-2012 02:13 PM

Verizon Fios.

Dish network  braodcasting ZEE in HD. is there any plan to add ZEE HD channel and other available Hindi HD channel?

by wunmic on ‎11-28-2012 02:22 AM

I absolutely agree. It was a difficult decision to leave Dish Network because of their great South Asia (Hindi) package. I'd love to see Aapka Color, TV Asia and SET on Verizon FiOS lineup. I believe there is a strong enough base where it could be added.

by nrana14 on ‎12-30-2012 11:44 AM

Please broadcast ZEE TV in HD. Your competitor Dish Network offers it already, so the link is already there.

by sunilshah56 on ‎01-28-2013 09:49 AM

I agree with the above request and I want to see Zee TV HD option also.

by kvr ‎04-05-2013 08:50 AM - edited ‎04-05-2013 08:51 AM

Request Zee in HD, all the other providers are offering!!!!!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools