Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
raddogme

Commercials during On Demand - No Fast Forward???!!!

by raddogme on ‎05-15-2012 05:08 AM - last edited on ‎05-15-2012 05:23 AM by Moderator

{word filter avoidance} It's bad enough that there are commericals during On Demand TV programming, but now we are forced to wait through the commercials to play out before our program will continue.  I don't understand this.  Besides all the other commercial times (as mentioned in other posts - menu screen etc.,) On Demand TV programming has already aired, and so the money has already been payed by the advertiser.

STOP FORCING US TO WATCH THE COMMERCIALS THAT ARE JUST RERUNS.

Man, Comcast On Demand was so much better!

Sorry to say that Bobbo527 is correct. Verizon doesn't have any control over this- it's all up the individual networks.
Comments
by gonz9731 on ‎05-15-2012 05:55 AM

Agreed,  it's terrible. Just more typical VZ nickle and diming I suppose.

And what's with the 2x maximun FFwd speed?

by ‎05-15-2012 01:47 PM - edited ‎05-15-2012 01:48 PM

Sorry, but while I dislike the VOD commericals in the network shows just as much as you all do, you cannot blame Verizon for this. The content providers (i.e. the Networks) dictate this (and they also are the ones who have the FF disabled) and unless you want to pay extra for the content you have to suffer through the commericals. When I was with Comcast they had no VOD commericals but instead charged $0.99 per episode to watch network shows on VOD. Now of course that was a few years ago and may have changed but still. I'd rather watch something for free and ignore the commercials than pay for it without. them  

You want to complain, complain to the networks. This isn't Verizon nickel and diming you.

by on ‎05-23-2012 08:54 AM
Status changed to: Not Likely
Sorry to say that Bobbo527 is correct. Verizon doesn't have any control over this- it's all up the individual networks.
by KenandApril55 on ‎06-20-2012 07:19 PM
Bobbo & Heather are correct!!! I watched a show on VH1 On Demand & I could fast forward, also...they didn't have full commercials or no commercials at all on some parts. Now I'm watching WE Tv ON DEMAND & not only can I not fast forward, but it is like EXTRA commercials in between segments. Like a full 5 minutes of them! I thought my box was damaged, but upon coming on here, I'm learning it is the networks NOT Verizon.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools