Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
topdog

Complaints

by on ‎05-16-2012 03:57 AM - last edited on ‎06-26-2012 03:41 PM by Moderator

Since there seems to be a good number of customers who are having trouble getting their problems resolved, why not have all complaints that were unresolved after three attempts by the customer referred to a higher authority. Many times representatives do not have the power to solve some problems.  Therefore, refer the problem to someone who can make the customer happy.

Looking at the number of similar complaints posted on this forum, I must conclude that Verizon has a real problem with customer relations.  I just can not believe that most customers just enjoy complaining.

Whenever I have had a problem that could not be solved by the representatives on the phone, I have taken the time to contact someone in authority and I have always been treated very well.  Those in power want to please the customers because without them they realize the company could not survive.

So, have a department whose sole purpose is finding a solution to the problems that have escalated to them.

Comments
by on ‎05-16-2012 04:45 AM

That is actually what is supposed to be in place now.  Repeat within a certain amount of time are flagged, and customers are supposed to get a call back from someone to ensure that the issue is resolved.  i guess the system doesn't work as intended though.

by on ‎05-16-2012 05:14 AM

The problem is that the call back comes from the same level representative who handled the original complaint..

The problem needs to be escalated to a higher level not just flagged.   If a managerial level person with more knowledge gets the complaint, not only can they see that it is corrected , but they can see which reps. are competent. 

Managerial personnel should also monitor phone calls between reps. and customers.  Customers should be given a reference number for each problem, so that supervisors can see just how the representative handled the call.  They can also access the customer as some can be very rude. 

Whenever I call I get a follow-up E mail which essentially says "Next time try to fix it yourself using our on line tools."  It should be a survey asking if the problem was solved and rating the representative .  Gee, then they would know who to promote and who to give the "boot."

Perhaps, the executives of the company should spend a few minutes reading forum posts.  These customers can not all be wrong. 

by on ‎05-16-2012 05:42 AM

Managers do monitor calls between reps and customers.  Obviously not every call can be monitored, less you have as many managers as there are floor reps.

The people calling you back for repeat calls are managers, but here's the thing; who do you think is going to know more about the nitty gritty issues that occur on accounts: the managers, who are there to ensure their people produce sales, or the people who take these calls day in and day out, who have to actualy deal with the accounts.  The only thing a manager is going to bring is a false sense of urgency, and PERHAPS no fear of worrying about their own sales when helping you.

by on ‎05-16-2012 05:49 AM

Don't get me wrong; the system is broken.  But it's there.  But it's broken.

by on ‎05-16-2012 07:11 AM

Maybe we can help fix it.  To me, the reps are not well trained.  It appears they go down a list of fixes from a manual hoping to get the right fix.  The usually begin with:" Have you deleted your cookies?"  Next is:  Lert's reset internet Explorer"  or "There is no outage on your server"   (Not always true) 

I suggerst that Verizon have an ongoing training program for their reps. Pay the good ones more and escalate unsolved problems up the ladder to the best trouble shooters.

Likewise, there would be many less problems if they would stop messing with what is not broken like the old E mail program.  

Post outages and page down for service notices so customers know there is no need to call for service.

Customers could help too by being persistant when they have a problem and get in touch with upper management if they do not get satisfaction.  If one doesn't know who to contact use a search engine and find the name and phone number or address of the top brass.  This has worked for me twice.  I was given VIP attention.

I don't want to sound like I have had lots of problems because I have not, and usually when I get a poor rep.,I call back and get help from someone else.  However, I am extremely nice to the reps. I talk to on the phone.  They should not have to be treated rudely. 

by Moderator on ‎06-26-2012 03:41 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools