Customers With Disabilities
fttp4me

Customer created widgets

by fttp4me on ‎01-26-2011 10:23 AM

It would be cool if customers could create their own widgets.  Similar to how tech-savvy people can create apps for android.  The widget can then be submitted to Verizon for approval to distribute to other FiOS TV customers.  Since the STBs seem to have limited resources, initially the widgets could be limited to requiring the software run from PC (similar to media manager, youtube, etc.) Eventually custom created FiOSTV widgets could be targeted more towards tablets/ipad type devices.  This may even speed deployment of new widgets by using the collective knowledge and ability of the techies out there instead of just relying on in-house personnel or partners.

So we continue to work our way toward way more developers putting apps on FiOS TV. Currently we can process several apps per month, but to do this we need to be able to process dozens / hundreds / thousands per month. We are putting more components in place now to do more app certifications... and progressively we can on board more developers. Wish there was "probably later" status... that's a more appropriate status
Comments
by Traveler1939 ‎01-26-2011 12:31 PM - edited ‎01-26-2011 12:35 PM

I have just experienced the NEW IMPROVED Verizon home page for e-mail. The side bar that has the information as to folders and other selections is so small and slow that it is practically useless. '

Trying to find a site to lodge my complaints is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Of course I can under stand why because you don't want to hear from your customers. It's no wonder that your cell phone business is listed as the worse with the worst customer service of all the services. With the service I am seeing with your FIOS I would not anticipate it getting asy better. It's a good thing that you have a sort of monopoly with the land line service because if not you would be losing customers like gangbusters.

You had a great system and some idiot came up with this improvement that is terrible. If ever Comcast gets their act together I'm gone. And if you service gets any worse I will be gone sooner and with starting a class action suit when you try to charge me for early cancellation because you are absolutely not living up to your part of the contract as far as the service your sold versus what you are delivering.

I dare a decision maker to call me to discuss these issues. YOU DON"T CARE.

AJ Nicastro

by on ‎01-27-2011 02:26 PM

Will you be willing to develope apps for free and just give them freely to Verizon at no charge? I don't see anything Verizon being open source or not highly proprietary. Regardles of what might be said. I may be wrong but I have not seen alot, possibly based on rules and agreements that must be signed. Open deveplopment, you tell me.

https://www22.verizon.com/fiosdeveloper/General/FiosDevCenterExt.aspx

by Employee ‎02-08-2011 04:41 AM - edited ‎02-08-2011 04:52 AM

Traveler1939 - not exactly sure what your comment on email has anything to do with customer created widgets ... I am a decision make (exec in charge of FiOS TV)... and would be happy to debate the finer points of our service with you here on VZ Forums.  We care.  Perhaps though we can have this dialogue with you suggesting ideas to improve email... that's way more productive than a comment with ONLINE YELLING hidden in an idea on a completely different topic.  

by Employee on ‎02-08-2011 04:51 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
So we continue to work our way toward way more developers putting apps on FiOS TV. Currently we can process several apps per month, but to do this we need to be able to process dozens / hundreds / thousands per month. We are putting more components in place now to do more app certifications... and progressively we can on board more developers. Wish there was "probably later" status... that's a more appropriate status
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools