I just switched from Dish Network and thought that FiOS would be a lot better with its superior technology. However, the DVR is lacking in a lot of ways:
- Need the ability to record only new episodes versus all episodes. I don't want to fill up my DVR with episodes that I've already seen. By the way, I got stuck with a used DVR that fills up after just a few HD shows. At least Dish gave me new equipment with a larger hard drive even when I upgraded.
- There should be a way to display only the channels that you subscribe to in the Guide. I don't want to flip through hundreds of channels that I don't even get.
- Should also have the ability to show only HD channels in the Guide for when you feel like watching only HD content.
- Need iPod/iPhone/iPad support for watching shows online. Even the cable companies offer this. I think I saw that this has been announced, but I'm surprised Verizon didn't already support this.
- Need the ability to record from other STBs. Again, Dish has this ability. I don't want to always have to go upstairs to the main DVR to set a recording.
All of this stuff might already be available with FiOS, but since I got used equipment with no instruction manual, I have no idea how to do anything.