Customers With Disabilities
0 Votes
BCarey

DVR slow motion playback

by BCarey on ‎05-05-2012 03:43 PM

I've just switched from Cablevision/Optimum Online to verizon FIOS.  Unless I'm mistaken, it appears that my FIOS MultiRoom DVR lacks ability to play back a recording or portion thereof in slow motion.  

This is a capability  that I often used on my Cablevision DVR to watch slow-mo  replays of portions of a show, especially sporting events (e.g. to see if the ball really crossed the goal line or touched the out-of-bounds line, to analyze the player movement that led to a really good play, to see better a really good dive or gymnastics performance, ... ).  With the Cablevision support, slow motion is activated on the remote by simply pressing the Play button when the DVR is already in Play mode.

I'd like to suggest that this capability be added to FIOS DVRs, hopefully via a firmware update to current boxes.   Frankly I quite surprised it  seemingly isn't already available.  It's something that was available on at least some  VCRs 30 years ago.

Comments
by Gold Contributor VII on ‎05-05-2012 03:55 PM

You are mistaken.

If you will go here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Interactive-Media-Guide-1-9/FiOS-TV-Getting-Started-With-Interactive-Me...

and look at the document attached to the first post in that thread, on Page 27 you will find a chart I created that documents the slow motion and frame advance capabilities of the Verizon DVR.

One unfortunate thing though is that the slow montion support from another STB to the DVR using the multi-room support only works somewhat or partially or not at all. Sometimes it works a little bit, others no. But it works well for me directly on the DVR.

Since you are new to FiOS I suggest you also look through the rest of the document, you may find some other capabilities and settings tha will improve your FiOS experience (at least I hope you will).

Hope this helps.

by BCarey on ‎05-06-2012 08:03 PM

Thanks!  Your document is very helpful.  I'm very happy to see that the slow motion support is actually there.  I had looked at the FIOS made Simple doc, the DVR box guide, and the remote control manual pamphlet and didn't find info about slow motion support in any of those.  Glad that it is in your doc! 

by Moderator on ‎06-26-2012 02:46 PM
Status changed to: Already Exists

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools