Customers With Disabilities
kjmeadows

Decrease the price of your on demand movies - too expensive

by kjmeadows on ‎04-23-2012 08:28 AM

Decrease the price of your on demand movies - too expensive - you need to compete better with Redbox!  If your movies were priced $1.25 rental per night, like Redbox, I would rent them.

Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure it gets in front of the proper team within Verizon.
Comments
by Silver Contributor III on ‎04-23-2012 06:29 PM

I do both. Some nights, when I don't feel like going out, I do VOD. Don't have to worry about returning (great when the weather is bad) plus most you get to watch for 2 days.

by on ‎04-23-2012 06:44 PM

Just about every single Blockbuster store in my area is out of business so if I want to rent any movie, the VOD is my only choice and actually, $4.99 is pretty cheap compared to seeing a new movie in the movie theater and it's about what I used to pay for renting movies from Blockbuster.  The one Blockbuster in my area that's still open will only charge 50 cents for renting a DVD because that location is desperate for customers.  I have no interest in subscribing to Netflix.  I still think it's a shame the way this on demand business has put the local video stores out of business.  Now there is so much we can do with our TV service at home without leaving the house.  I just feel like it has the potential to make me lazy so there are still many other functions that I just don't use, particularly since my time is often limited.

Sometimes I'll watch a really good movie on TCM or Fox Movie Channel that I'll want to buy so then I will purchase the DVD either in a store or on line.

by Mistaya on ‎04-24-2012 08:41 PM

Their prices are higher than the competors and what I really don't get is the purchase a video. What makes me madder is they sit and tell you, you can watch a DVD on Fios on the day it is released and then with a fair amount of them we ran into only the buy option. I have never seen a cable company sell Videos before.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎05-07-2012 01:22 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure it gets in front of the proper team within Verizon.
by jfmcna on ‎12-06-2012 01:51 PM

I also agree that the On demand movie prices are way too expensive.  Most rentals now are $5.99-$6.99 for Standard Definition or higher for High Definition.  I suggest dropping the movie purchase options completely, it is a waste of time.  Most people are not going to purchase movies that will be lost if they switch from Verizon to another cable provider.  Lower the on demand movie prices in line with Redbox or come up with a pay one price monthly fee to compete with Netflix.  The recent price increases for the Fios boxes together with increased On demand movies has made me seriously regret my contract renewal a few months ago.  People already are paying a premium price for Verizon, especially us bundle customers with very large Verizon wireless monthly bills.  You are forcing people to watch movies on their computers instead of generating revenue from a reasonably priced service.

by texan999 on ‎03-12-2013 08:20 PM

Agreed, the prices need to compete with Redbox.  We have plenty of options near my home and we never rent movies from FIOS due to the price.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools