I have had TV and internet service now for about a year and a half. My experiences thus far have been very disappointing to say the least.
I call this afternoon at 5PM during my JOB's working hours to ensure I got ahold of someone. I understand Verizon operates under "banker's hours" and closes at 6PM. Strange as other competitors don't offer that inconvenience. I finally get a woman on the phone after 15 minutes of sitting on hold only to get nothing but attitude.
She would not grant me access to my account. Apparently, because I don't have my acct no# memorized or my home file cabinet here at work, providing my social security #, address, phone #'s, etc. just wasn't good enough. With her "I could care less" attitude, I was FINALLY able to get her to help me after logging into my bank acct to tell her how much my last payment was. Even after I did that, she said I was at the wrong dept and she couldn't help me! She kept referring me to go online..Doesn't that take the service out of "customer service". If online is where all the solutions to my problems are, then what's the point of even having anyone answer the phone at all??
Then, she transfers me. Sitting on hold another 15 minutes, the next lady asks me if this is for service in NY...WHAT? I asked her why as I reside in VA. She said she was for NY accounts and therefore, she couldn't help me! Mind you, this is after her giving me trouble to access my account. A cable account shouldn't be harder to gain access to than my own bank account! It's like Ft. Knox just to get access to some cable and internet usage. Ridiculous...
After she tells me she can't help me, she tells me that she's going to transfer me AGAIN and after expressing the circles I was doing to get my issue resolved, she tells me that she will transfer me, but there's no way of her knowing where or who I will be transferred to??? REALLY? ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!
I was so put off by the previous reps lack of regard or care for my situation, treating me as if she could care less if Verizon lost me as a customer or the fact that I was not happy with the current situation, I started to explain my dissatisfaction of how this was being handled thus far to her. In mid-sentence, the customer rep cuts me off by putting me on hold! Leaves me there listening to that annoying music for another 20 min only to get transferred to a very nice gentleman.
After talking with him and feeling, "Okay, there's some hope here", he reveals that he's only tech support and after 20 min of filling me with hope, can't do anything for me at all! Why o' why would three reps send me in circles?? Why, as a customer to have to take so much time out of my life?? When o' when is Verizon going to reciprocate and meet my needs and requests??
At that point, the gentleman sent me to another dept, stating that they could definitely help me get my issue straightened out. The lady, luck of the draw, was just as sour as the first! I work in customer service and I was so shocked by the lack of courtesy and genuine care Verizon was offering to me, to say the least, I couldn't pick my jaw up off the floor! She was rude, talking over me when I tried to explain to her my situation and when I asked to speak to a Manager, she tells me that she won't let me unless I tell her why. WHAT? I mean, WHATT??? Verizon, please Verizon tell me that this isn't the way you do business and expect to keep customers, right?!?! As a customer, I have a right to speak to a manager, right? Do I have any rights here at all???
She then tells me that she can't help me because my account has been suspended. Uh, duhhh, that's why I'm calling! Soo, at 6:16PM, she tells me to call this #800.483.1807. How nice of her, right?! NO! I guess she just wanted to get me off the phone at that point so she gave me some bogus hope that I would get my issue resolved. Wow, I call the no# and oh look at that, the office is CLOSED! This is EXACTLY why I called at 5PM, took time out of my workday and ate into my employer's time so I could ensure that I got a hold of someone in time. At no fault of my own, being transferred in this cluster of call centers and depts, I missed it and by the time I got to them, they were closed!
I am frankly disgusted by the service or lack thereof. No one seems to care, or, at least act like it (for god's sake- customer service 101!), and Verizon wouldn't even bat an eye if I were to cancel.
After spending 30 minutes trying to remember my login info to get on here, I was finally successful in doing so. A shame it is that I have to go online to get good service, if that's what you call it. All I can do is shake my head to you Verizon and say "shame"...Shame on you for hiring people that have crappy attitudes and are not well equipped to take calls or customer grievances, etc. Shame on the trainers who failed in training these customer reps in providing excellent customer service.
Do you strive to be average Verizon? With all the buzz in the early stages about how wonderfully great Fios is, how cutting edge, I thought average wouldn't be good enough for you; not even great. Exceptional is the word I'm seeking and I'm not only saddened and disappointed, but angered and distraught by how I've been treated and how you have painfully failed to live up to people's expectation. Truly sad...
Since no one seems to care, my ideas for improving service and retaining more customers is as follows:
1. Be available AFTER people get off work; not just while they are working. We lead busy lives...It's YOUR responsibility Verizon to go out of your way for your customers; NOT your customers constantly having to go out of their way for you.
2. Better train call center reps so that they can at least "act" like they have a genuine interest in the customer's satisfaction and overall outlook on Verizon. Acting like they care goes a LONNNG way. If you want to retain customers at all, it is URGENT that this be addressed.
3. Get better organized. When I call, I shouldn't have to give you my birth certificate # or some other crazy personal info to gain access to my account. A simple phone #, SS# or 4 digit code, like what Comcast does, is sufficient. Arguing with me that what I'm providing is not good enough and trying to convince me to go on the web site to address my issues is a LOSE/LOSE outcome for Verizon all around. Ridiculous...(still shaking my head)
4. Shorter wait times or AT LEAST get XM radio as the on-hold music. When I have to sit for 30 min to an hour+ on hold, that annoying whining music is dreadful. If I have to wait that long, at least put on XM radio.
5. Update the call centers so that each rep knows EXACTLY which #'s are to which depts and which extensions to transfer us customers to instead of sending us on a wild goose chase that we have no control of. Sending to the wrong depts and then only to NOT be able to get assistance because your "closed" is not the right way to go about it at ALL!!
6. Care...common sense (or not?) Care about your customers. This is CRITICAL. It's only a matter of time, if nothing changes, before you will be begging customers to come back once they've gotten tired of putting up with this lackluster service.
7. Don't "black list" me. Just because my account is suspended doesn't mean you WILL NOT and CANNOT help me. If I call to do my due diligence and pay my balance HELP ME! What's so difficult about that, I don't know. BUT, saying you can't help because I'm behind makes me feel like I'm outcasted or shunned. Is that the way you, Verizon, intend to make your customers feel? Tisk, tisk is all I can say about that... (still shaking my head)
8. Do your due diligence... If I pay $404 to get my account caught up, why o' why do I have to wait 4-12 hours for service to be reinstated???? I did my part...you need to do yours.
I could keep going, but do you really want me to? Is this falling on deaf ears or are you turning a blind eye? It wouldn't surprise me at all at this point...after the experiences I've had, nothing would. Needless to say, the nails have been driven in...one less customer for you to have to worry about Verizon after tomorrow.