Customers With Disabilities
ferdoud

Do not drop Bridges TV Channel

by on ‎02-16-2012 11:36 AM

This channel is dedicated to minority Muslim community and this is the only channel we have dedicated to us so FIOS should not drop this channel!

Comments
by jiwwalker on ‎02-16-2012 04:08 PM

There are so many channels Verizon should get rid of.  This is not one of them.  I will miss Democracy Now, one of the few indepth news shows that are left.  Everyone needs to flash mob this vote and vote in favor of democracy.  Or we will lose the broad base of news reporting that we have which forms the third leg of the stool that our Republic is resting on.

by on ‎02-17-2012 12:04 PM

FWIW,  have you checked the various local access channels?  Not sure about where you are, but here I've seen various shows (including Democracy Now, NASA tv, etc.) carried on some of the local access channels when they have time to fill.  So you *might* be able to find some content there.

by on ‎02-17-2012 07:24 PM

And yet we still waste HD space on those "TOTALLY USELESS" ***.TV CHANNELS, for purely political reasons. I am now convinced that any semblance of listening to customer input is simply lip service. When it comes to channel carry decisions by VZ, they simply thumb their noses to the customer input. Exhibit A::  BBC-HD...

by Maxamillion on ‎02-26-2012 04:39 PM

I was not aware that there is a TV channel catering to the needs of Muslims in NY and elsewhere, so the news of Bridges TV was very refreshing. Ironically, however, I was hearing about this station from the news media because Verizon is planning to drop it from its lineup. Needless to say, this is an important channel providing scarce cultural material to a major cultural group and, at the same time, diversity to the Verizon lineup. In my several years in this country I have only had Verizon as my phone and TV provider. I will be very disappointed if the channel is dropped and, also, I will inevitably have to review the value proposition of Verizon to me.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-29-2012 10:55 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by WTeague on ‎05-03-2012 06:51 PM

Democracy Now was one of the main reasons I chose Verizon Fios. Now you seem to have abandoned it and without even a word to subscribers. Other programs on bridges were also often more interesting than the death and prison shows on so many other channels.

Bring Democracy Now back!

by on ‎05-04-2012 02:22 AM

In the meantime, you can hear and/or watch Democracy Now at http://www.democracynow.org/2012/5/3/stream .

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools