Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Robin90405

Dodgers' SportsnetLA Will Be Available February 25, Please Make it Available At Launch

by Robin90405 on ‎01-22-2014 02:31 PM - last edited on ‎01-24-2014 07:01 PM by Moderator

All Dodger games will now be carried on SportsNetLA in the Southern California region.  This new sports network launches on February 25 (sportsnetla.com).  Please make it available at launch, as the Dodgers will be World Series contenders from day 1.  Do not force Dodger fans to be on the outside like your Pac-12 fans in Southern California. 

Comments
by novicedrfan on ‎02-26-2014 12:11 PM - last edited on ‎02-26-2014 12:17 PM by Moderator

I'm also a Dodger fan, but someone has to take a stand on escalating cable costs.  Please let those {please keep your posts courteous} at TWC rot for a season or two. If you took a stand, maybe the per subscriber per month charge would come down to what you and we have been paying for Dodger games in the past. $5 pspm is just way over the top.  Alternatively, take the Dodger channel out of basic and put it on an optional premium package.  Then you could see how many people actually want to pay for it.

by Lisareed2933 on ‎02-26-2014 05:09 PM
Please add the Dodger network to our Verizon Fios service!!! We have fios tv internet and telephone but will be forced to switch carriers of we cannot get our Dodger network! Please Verizon!!!
by Lisareed2933 on ‎02-26-2014 06:11 PM
Please add the dodgers network fios!!! #ineedmydodgerbaseball!!!
by kbdck ‎02-27-2014 09:58 AM - edited ‎02-27-2014 10:01 AM

The sports entertainment industry has at last reached my limit of credulity. The plethora of new cable stations springing up like poisonous mushrooms in order to finance their teams’/conferences’ profligate spending habits has turned me off completely.

I’ve been a Dodger fan since they came to LA. I remember vividly sitting in a rocking chair in my grandmother’s living room and listening to the first game broadcast over radio (can’t remember the station, a little too young; Ruben Gomez beat Drysdale 8-0 and Cepeda homered off Big D, a portent of things to come). But I’m simply fed up with the greed of sports franchises—including amateur entities—feeding off their fans to enrich themselves and feed their enormous egos.

So I for one applaud Verizon’s and Direct TV’s principled stands against this sort of highway robbery. And as to Mr. Kasten’s rather cryptic response to the question put to him of ‘Why yet another ad hoc sports station?’

When asked why the Dodgers were adamant about having their own network instead of being part of Time Warner Cable's existing sports channels here, Kasten said, "We thought it was the best way to serve the fans."
--L.A. Times 1/15/2014

I for one would be very interested in a little further exposition by Mr. Kasten on just how shutting out the vast majority of fans of one of the most popular—and popularly supported—sports franchises in history serves those same fans.

Mr. Kasten?

bd

by agentmoller001 on ‎02-27-2014 03:33 PM

Are we going to get Sportsnet LA? How come we are not getting to watch dodger baseball live on channel 86? Please advise ASAP if I should to TWC.

by Jprietto on ‎02-27-2014 11:04 PM

I dropped time warner over their fuss with CBS that made me miss Dodger games. I really like Verizon FIOS but if I can't get Dodger games this season, I will have to go back to TWC. This is something I prefer not to do but  will be forced. Please, Verizon, do a deal. We are already missing the new channel.

by oscalca1 on ‎03-04-2014 11:02 AM

I hope this issue gets resolved and we are able to watch our Dodger games on Fios. The only reason I signed up for fios was to watch the Dodger games. My contract with Verizon is almost up and if I am not able to watch Dodger games I will not hesitate and close my account with Verizon. I hope this issue gets resovled quickly and we are not charged an arm and a leg for the games. 

by althli1 on ‎03-04-2014 08:05 PM
I have been a loyal customer for years and I sure hope that Verizon steps up and does the right thing and puts customer loyalty in front of profit margin
by DannyMac10 on ‎03-10-2014 01:10 PM

Well Opening Day is almost here and NO DODGER CHANNEL!!!!

It's being written about in the LA Times, it's being heard on Local Radio stations

that your cable/satellite/VERIZON TV is not carrying the channel. 

Come on I said before that You Verizon can really be proactive and go right

pass the rest of these companies to the top of the customer service friendliness

ladder.  

I am now looking at TWC Cable Company and Direct TV as alternative now

that my 2 year Contract is expiring.  I have had the bundle for 2 years and have no

problem and a fair bill but now you leave me with no alternative but to find a provider

who carries the Dodger channel.  I am willing to pay an extra couple of dollars for

this channel. 

But I don't even have that choice!  Wow after paying top dollar for your plans!

I will do the research and see what TWC and Direct TV provide for channels and internet

and their prices and especially being a new customer what Deals they can provide

like Verizon FIOS did a couple of years.  I will be posting the different plans for

my fellow consumers on this post here in the coming week for your convenience

DODGER FANS!!

by on ‎03-10-2014 07:56 PM

No use looking at DirecTV because they aren't carrying the channel either. I totally understand the frustration of Dodgers fans, but the biggest party to blame here is the team itself. They jumped at the chance of creating an expensive new channel and a bloated TV contract over any sort of loyalty to their fans. After years of whining about the costs of regional sports channels, Time Warner Cable jumped in and now runs what is among three of the most expensive RSN's in the country. Now TWC tells us that it's "fair" for other providers to pay $8-$10 a month per subscriber for their channels.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools