Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Robin90405

Dodgers' SportsnetLA Will Be Available February 25, Please Make it Available At Launch

by Robin90405 on ‎01-22-2014 02:31 PM - last edited on ‎01-24-2014 07:01 PM by Moderator

All Dodger games will now be carried on SportsNetLA in the Southern California region.  This new sports network launches on February 25 (sportsnetla.com).  Please make it available at launch, as the Dodgers will be World Series contenders from day 1.  Do not force Dodger fans to be on the outside like your Pac-12 fans in Southern California. 

Comments
by oscalca1 on ‎03-18-2014 08:54 AM

Less than 4 days before opening day and still no Dodgers on my TV. Will this issue get resolved by Saturday? I really hope so.

by on ‎03-19-2014 08:48 AM

Where is the Dodgers Network?  Opening day is on Thursday!!!  Add the channel!!!!

by oscalca1 on ‎03-21-2014 11:11 AM

Less than 14 hours till opening day. Any progress Verizon?

by SpanishBundle on ‎03-22-2014 08:17 PM
Please add the dodger channel on fios. I love my verizon service but if it has to be I'll have to switch providers!
by rabidrebeldog on ‎03-24-2014 05:03 PM

Yes!  Make this happen Verizon.   Willing to pay extra for the Dodgers station but right now that's even an option.  Would happily trade this channel for all of the other channels that I don't need.

by DannyMac10 on ‎04-01-2014 03:33 PM

WELL IT IS NOW 3 MINUTES UNTIL THE FIRST OFFICIAL GAME ON

DODGER NETWORK CHANNEL AND WE CAN'T WATCH IT.

NO DODGER CHANNELS THIS YEAR VERIZON?  I RENEWED MY

CONTRACT FOR 2 MORE YEARS.  I HAD TO PROMISE TO A 2 YEAR

AGREEMENT OR I WOULDN'T GET ANY DISCOUNTS UNLESS I

PROMISE TO PAY YOU FOR 2 YEARS.  I HAVE 30 DAYS..30 DAYS

TO CANCEL THE DEAL AND GO TO A MORE CUSTOMER FRIENDLY

PROVIDER.  TIME WARNER CABLE WILL GIVE ME A GOOD DEAL AS

A NEW SUBSCRIBER AND ALSO WILL GIVE ME

LA DODGER BASEBALL ON TWC WILL BE

MY NEW SUBSCRIBER IF I DON'T SEE MY

DODGERS WITHIN 30 DAYS OF MY CHANCE TO CANCEL

C'MON VERIZON..PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE TO THE FANS AND YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!!

by kbdck ‎04-02-2014 02:27 PM - edited ‎04-02-2014 03:47 PM

For those still in doubt about what this is really about, check out this bit of self-serving misdirection by Stan Kasten at the SNLA site:

http://www.sportsnetla.com/articles/2014/03/27/dodgers-president-stan-kasten-gives-fans-an-update-on...

All I can say is, stand your ground Verizon/DirecTv, UVerse etc. Someone has to finally say 'no' to the insanity.

If it was possible to get to mr kasten, I'd very much like to have him ask Vin Scully how he likes doing his swan song season to less than 1/3 of the local Dodger audience. Or if mr kasten has ever heard of Horace Stoneham and Jake Ruppert.  Vin could tell him the story.

The Giants and Yankees held out on broadcasting games after Larry McPhail put the Dodgers on radio w/Red Barber. Result? Their entire advertising base nearly disappeared, flocking instead to the Brooklyn club and its burgeoning fan base. Not to mention that in 1939 (the first year that Brooklyn broadcast its games over the air) the Dodgers outdrew the Giants by 250,000 and the all-powerful Yanks by over 100,000. It took the Giants and Yankees nearly two years to get a single sponsor for their games, once they threw in the towel and began broadcasting them.

Beware, mr kasten. A fan lost is not easily regained in this market.

Go, Halos.

bd

Oh, and while you're on the SNLA site, notice how there is no way to engage TWC/SNLA in a conversation about this travesty; only lots and lots of 'Click on the 'I Want My Dodgers' buttons. TWC's/Kasten's idea of an open dialogue, I guess.

bd

by on ‎04-02-2014 07:26 PM

@kbdck...nobody asked for an Angel fan's opinion on the DODGERS channel.  I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune if Fox Sports West was blacked out.

Dodger fans don't care about the politics, we just want to hear Vin Scully and watch every pitch of our World Series contending Dodger team.

Verizon should have known what they were getting into when they got into the pay tv business.  Most people wouldn't have pay tv if it wasn't for sports.  Most of what is on tv is completely worthless, so if Verizon wants to keep their sports customers its time to play the game.

Get the Dodgers (Sportsnet) and Bruins (Pac12 Network) or we'll cut the cord.  There's plenty of worthless crap on Netflix for a lot cheaper.

by kbdck on ‎04-05-2014 12:36 PM

BP82,

You really should read Kasten’s squib on the SNLA site (link in my previous post). Reveals a couple of interesting things. First, the disconnect between statements he’s previously made to the media-at-large regarding his motivations for making the TWC deal a stand-alone channel, and second the way he’s pleading with Dodger fans to beg their providers to give in to this blackmail, in order to enrich himself and Guggenheim Partners.

I used to think it would be nice if my grandchildren might actually be able to afford to take their kids to a game at Dodger Stadium once in a while. Now I wonder if they’ll even be able to afford watching them on tv.

Guggenheim’s 8-billion dollar contract with TWC won’t be worth much if/when SNLA  meets the same fate as their ill-conceived Houston sports channel venture. But the damage that will have been done to the Dodger fanbase in So Cal will be a little more troublesome to the team, I'm afraid.

Oh, and while I enjoy the Angels (always been a huge Mike Sciosa fan), I cut my teeth on the Dodgers, way back when there were all of eleven televised broadcasts a year. I miss ‘em too. But not 8 billion dollars’ worth.

bd

by on ‎04-06-2014 03:15 PM

@kbbdck

First of all, if you root for just the Dodgers, you're a Dodger fan.  If you "root" for both the Dodgers and the Angels, you're an Angel fan, and if you root for just the Angels, you're just plain delusional :smileyhappy:

Second, you may not like the direction sports are going, and generally neither do I, but thats the so-called deal with the devil we made when we allowed the sports leagues to have monopolies in exchange for keeping the best talent in the same league instead of multiple watered down leagues.  I'd personally rather watch the best talent all in one league.

Third, you can complain all you want about Kasten, and while its irritating that we have to lobby for the 3rd straight year for a 3rd, 4th, and 5th regional sports channel, the fact is we could still have McCourt running the franchise into the ground.  We could have a 4th place team with a sub $100M payroll and a crumbling stadium and $20 parking.  Tickets for the top deck are still the best deal in town, cheaper than any seat at Angel games, Bruin Basketball and Football games, and Trojan football games (good luck with that 1-17 basketball team).  So yeah, we're all going to pay a little more (name me a city with a sports franchise that won't) but in return we have a better team with fun players to watch, an ownership group that invests in the farm system and scouting, and in preserving Dodger stadium so your grandkids can take their kids to a game some day.  The TV network makes that all possible whether you like it or not.  I honestly dont care how rich the ownership group gets as long as they are giving us a good product.

Finally, I'm sure one of Verizon's negotiating tactics is to offer the channel a la carte.  That would be fine if Verizon hadn't been so complicit in the bundling scheme so common between content providers and distributors in the first place.  Now that the bundling scheme no longer works in Verizon's favor (ie, every tom dick and harry sports team now has their hand out), they claim they want a la carte.  I guess its ok to charge me for MTV2, Bravo, Pets.tv and a zillion other channels worth of nonsense, but as soon as I ask for a sports only package I hear crickets from Verizon.  They can't have it both ways.

Give us the Dodgers as soon as possible!!!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools