Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
questioning

Don't print the amount on the Verizon rewards card!

by on ‎07-21-2012 06:17 PM

Don't get me wrong:  I defnitely feel rewarded for receiving the Verizon rewards card in exchange for my loyalty and for renewing my contract.

But what I don't understand is why on earth the amount originally put on the card is printed on the card right under my name?  I have never in my life seen that on any debit or credit card.  It doesn't make sense and wouldn't that be more of a security issue if that card were to ever get lost or stolen?  If that were to happen, whoever finds that card would know how much money I could be carrying around and be more tempted to steal the money from it.

Comments
by Moderator on ‎07-21-2012 06:44 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by on ‎07-22-2012 05:43 PM

one other problem is that verizon  sends these reward  cards out using ups & ups will just leave the reward cards sitting outside your front where it can easily get stolen. I received a reward  from verizon a few months ago & i came home from work & there was my reward card sitting outside my front door that ups had left there & somebody could  have easily stolen it. It should have been put in my mailbox or given to me when i was home.

by on ‎07-22-2012 07:49 PM

I think that's a valid point too.  I don't mind at all if a package in a box is left by my door but I have always received my credit and debit cards from banks in the mail.  It's strange for something like that not to be sent through the regular postal service.  Isn't UPS more expensive just for that?  A flat envelope with some papers and the card inside?  It's odd.  

The only difference in my case, however, is that I had to sign for my rewards card, which I didn't mind.  I tracked my package via the UPS website and being that it was scheduled to arrive at the end of the day well after work, I made a point of staying home so I would be here for that.  I myself didn't like the idea of this "package" being left by the door. 

by Laurie22 on ‎07-23-2012 04:35 PM

I don't generally post comments but I too was extremely perturbed to see that UPS left the envelope with my Verizon Rewards card at the front door of my house; UPS didn't even attempt to place the envelope in my mailbox.  Anyone walking by my house could have simply picked it up.  I say DITTO to why Verizon uses UPS instead of regular mail. Since UPS  apparently is not required by Verizon to obtain a signature from the addressee; there is no proof that UPS actually delivered the envelope so what is the point of using UPS.

Totally agree, what is the purpose of printing the value of the Rewards card on the front of the card.  The recipient of the Rewards card already knows what the value is. First rewards card I've ever seen with the value printed on it.

by ‎07-24-2012 05:42 PM - edited ‎07-24-2012 05:46 PM

Laurie22,

The only part of your response that I disagree with is your comment about UPS not leaving the envelope in a mailbox.  Only the US Postal Service could do that.  Another thing you mention is that there is no proof that UPS actually delivered the envelope - if you track the progress of your package using UPS's tracking number, you can track where the package went on what particular day, as well as the time and day it was delivered to your address.  Also if you have to sign for the package, that gets documented as well.

The only minor issue I had was that UPS did not have my complete address with my apartment number but that was easily corrected when I phoned UPS.   

It's not that I'm making excuses for UPS because that's how it is but other than that, I definitely agree that for a flimsy flat envelope, what on earth is the purpose of using UPS for that?  And for a package that weighs .80 pounds.  lol

I noticed also that the card has your tracking number printed on the bottom of the back of the card, which is a convenience.  If someone got hold your card, that person would have to know the website and your zip code to pull up your transactions.

However, I am not complaining at all about the value of the reward itself because I am definitely using the card to offset many of my own expenses.  Verizon is the only vendor I use which has this type of reward available which I don't believe any of the cable companies offer. 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools