Customers With Disabilities
meeseman

Email price changes on billing

by meeseman on ‎03-24-2012 02:06 PM

I just got surprised when my promotional price ended on my bundle.  Since consumers lead busy lives, it would be nice if Verizon emailed us the month before a price increase so we are prepared for it.  Getting hit between the eyes unexpectedly does not lead to greater customer satisfaction.  The consumer should be given options as to whether they want to continue the current package or negotiate dropping channels, etc to stay within a budget.

A simple email that states -  Don't forget!  Your bundle special ends in 30 days.  Please call Verizon if you want to change, upgrade or modify your current account.

That is what customer service is all about.

Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure this gets seen by the proper team within Verizon!
Comments
by DebSG on ‎03-26-2012 06:29 AM

Agreed

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-29-2012 08:08 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Thank you for your suggestion- I'll make sure this gets seen by the proper team within Verizon!
by on ‎04-18-2012 06:18 AM

I agree 100%!  But not only that:  I was under the impression in the beginning that once my initial 2 year contract expired, that was it and my rates would inevitably go up just like with the cable companies.  I didn't even know that you can renew your contract to keep your rates the same or even lower with discounts and incentives along with additional upgrades.  I had no idea until I was speaking on line to a CSR and corresponding with another customer here.

I don't ever remember that being communicated in the beginning but I definitely think that should be communicated as well in the reminder, that your contract is going to expire soon as of such and such a date and to please contact Verizon about renewing your contract and to find out about new features.  That would communicate the message a lot better because like what was said before, once your contract expires, your rates on the month-to-month package can just go up at any time. 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools