Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Golbez

Enable external storage PLZ!!!!

by Golbez on ‎09-02-2010 02:44 AM

Are we seeing this pushed back yet another year to 2010?  I remember when we were supposed to have it in 2008, and just think, once you enable this, you quiet all the people wanting bigger DVRs without replacing the ones you have deployed.... (Especially if you get it to work with USB 2.0 along with eSATA) :smileyhappy:

Comments
by Employee on ‎09-03-2010 08:25 AM
Status changed to: In Progress
Bigger hard drives are in progress. Also finalizing support for eSATA hard drives via SATA cable on newer DVRs.
by dadeae on ‎09-27-2010 07:16 PM

This would be great. When can we expect it. I just got FIOS last month with Media Manager DVR. I'm assuming that it would be able to accept an external drive?

by stern6602 on ‎01-05-2011 02:03 PM

Is this a joke? No more  progress since September 3????

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎01-06-2011 09:48 AM

Is this a joke? No more  progress since September 3????

That is strange, because I see http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/FiOS-TV-IMG-1-9-Release-Notes-and-Opportunity-to-Get-a-...

by Employee on ‎03-03-2011 04:26 AM

The next status is that it shipped.  Of course there has been progress.  A few dozen customers are testing this feature in their homes while we finalize the lab testing.

by elbamm on ‎08-27-2011 06:35 PM

I called Verizon to find out if I upgrade my DVR would it work with an external HD through the eSata port. They said sure it will work fine. So I paid $39.99 to upgrade my DVR and another $114.00 for the Western Digital HD, then I hooked it all up only to find out it does NOT WORK. I called to find out why and they said OH, the software upgrade has not reached your area yet. Their exact words are below:

"The Fios Technical Support department states that the new DVR you have
is not compatible with the 1.8 programming and would only work with the
1.9 upgrade which currently is not available in Maryland at this time. 
Once the upgrade is available, your DVR will work, unfortunately, at
this time it will not be compatible."

Now, someone PLEASE tell me why they did not tell me this BEFORE I put out $154.00 dollars for a useless box. This is like buying an airplane and they tell you the wings are not finished yet, call us next year. 

by Employee on ‎09-14-2011 07:55 PM
Status changed to: Launched

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools