Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
JDoe

Export "Calls and Messages --> Call Logs" to CSV or XLS file

by on ‎09-20-2012 06:10 PM

One can access their respective phone's call log but it is only able to provide 30 days of logged phone events.

I suggest that one should be able to export the Call Logs to a Comma Seperated Value (CSV) or Microsoft XLS formatted file.

We hope to make exporting call logs available in the future, but do want to clarify that your call log holds the last 100 calls and there is no time limit (like the 30 days you mention). The list begins populating once you log into your online Account Manager the first time. Perhaps, you had just logged in for the first time 30 days prior to reviewing your log?
Comments
by Gold Contributor VII on ‎09-20-2012 06:32 PM

I agree with this idea and have voted for it.

However, since it will probably be a while before this function is made available, if it ever is, have you tried to just copy and paste from the call log into Excel? I experimented doing so, and while it is not perfect by any means, it does work, at least sort of: the log display shows only 20 calls at a time so it is tedious, but I did a copy and paste of several pages and I got the various columns from the log pasted into different cells, one log entry per line. The first line of each page of the log pasted correctly, all of the others were offset one cell to the right, but other than that the data was there.

You said it was limited to 30 days. Are you sure? My log currently goes back to 7/24, almost two months. So I am not sure what the limit might be, maybe 20 pages at 20 calls per page, 400 total calls, which is what I have in my log right now.

by Moderator on ‎09-20-2012 06:40 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by on ‎09-20-2012 06:43 PM

Thanx Justin.

Yes, I have manually Copy & Pasted.

I am trying to keep a log of Fraud calls that violate the DNC list.  I get two major forms;  "Lower my Credit Card interest rates" and "Lower my Energy Bill".  I use per phone number call block but I get new numbers being used regurarly so I want to keep track.  The calls may be blocked but the events are still logged.  Too bad the that list is limited to 10 numbers.

by on ‎09-21-2012 03:28 AM

I also voted for your idea.

My call list is always exactly 20 pages, so it seems to be determined by the number of calls, not the date.

Maybe an alternative idea would be for Verizon to let us keep a list of all our calls, not just 20 pages' worth.

I keep track of my DNC-violating calls on a list with pen and paper.  I have to keep track of them so I know which numbers have called me more than once - and how recently - so I know which ones  to keep or eliminate on my list of only 10 blocked numbers.

I tried sorting my call list by phone number, but some of the phone numbers are only displayed if you mouse over the caller's name (Out of Area, Unidentified...), so that didn't work.  Someone made a very good suggestion of enabling comments on our call lists, but we don't have that yet, so I just write everything out in pen.

Maybe I'll try Justin's idea of using Excel.

Since most of these callers change their numbers, I'm afraid it's a losing battle.  And sometimes I've gotten calls from the same number but from different people - credit card services, carpet cleaning, electricity suppliers - all from the same boiler room.  And now that elections are here, volunteers call from their private phones, esp. for local candidates, so they're always from different numbers.  Besides, those calls aren't covered by DNC.

I'm just glad that I'm not getting them on a cell phone where I'd have to use my minutes for them.

by on ‎09-26-2012 09:36 AM

After looking at the Call log over time, I only get 10 pages as a FIFO queue. 

Thus its appears as if I only get 30 days or one month of logs.

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎09-26-2012 10:10 AM

All I can tell you is what I see: 20 pages of 10 calls each, going back in time as far as it takes to get to 200 entries. Right now the 200th call in my log is from 8/2/2012.

Now that does not agree with what is in the Digital Voice User Guide:

"4. Your call log will be displayed with the last 100 incoming and outgoing calls. Each listing has the caller’s name (if available), number, and date/time of call."

I have no explanation as to the difference in what I see and what you see, but I assure you I am seeing what I tell you I am seeing. :smileyvery-happy:

by ‎09-26-2012 01:57 PM - edited ‎09-26-2012 01:58 PM

Well there 'ya go.  I am getting 10 pages at 10 events/page which yields the 100 total. 

You may have had the account longer and thus you were grandfathered into a previous clause giving you your present 20 page allotment.

by Employee on ‎11-16-2012 08:29 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
We hope to make exporting call logs available in the future, but do want to clarify that your call log holds the last 100 calls and there is no time limit (like the 30 days you mention). The list begins populating once you log into your online Account Manager the first time. Perhaps, you had just logged in for the first time 30 days prior to reviewing your log?
by on ‎11-16-2012 08:55 AM

susrev:

30 days is just how it virtually amounted to as I stated on 09-26-2012.

Thank You !

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools