Customers With Disabilities
egreenfield

FIOS Prime HD

by egreenfield on ‎01-22-2011 09:21 AM

Very new FIOS customer after being with comcast over 15 years.  I have the FIOS Prime HD and I'm disappointed that a couple of chanels that I had with comcast are not in that lineup. They are Style, OWN, and the Cooking Chanel.  I really don't want to upgrade to the next tier pricing for 15.00 plus a month just for 3 chanels.  You all really should consider adding them to the lineup even at the lowest tier.

Adding addition channels to the package will make it more expensive... hence why they are not included...
Comments
by cawall on ‎01-23-2011 09:38 AM

me too coming from DirecTV.  i dont want to pay more just to have BBC America

by Employee on ‎01-24-2011 04:14 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
Adding addition channels to the package will make it more expensive... hence why they are not included...
by NYUWSider ‎03-12-2011 06:54 PM - edited ‎03-12-2011 06:55 PM

Also a new subscriber, attempting to leave Time Warner in NYC.  Lack of Style HD and E! HD is proving to be a real barrier to my wife's acceptance.

I have not disconnected the Time Warner service yet, so on Monday I will try to keep my FIOS internet but cancel my FIOS TV.

Looks like Verizon has had this problem for years.  I see forums posts about missing HD channels since 2009; accompanied by assertions and excuses like "the right people are looking at this", and Comcast won't let Verizon carry these, and now "Adding addition [sic] channels to the package will make it more expensive".

As a Verizon customer, excuses like these to not solve the problem that several HD channels, common elsewhere, are consistently lacking at Verizon.

It is amazing that Verizon is investing so much in laying FIOS infrastructure, advertisement and acquiring customers; and then turning off actual and potential customers by being tone deaf to customer priorities.

So the bottom line is that Verizon has spent probably hundreds of dollars to attract me away from Time Warner, only to lose 2/3 of my billing potential because I am going to keep my Time Warner TV service and only keep the FIOS internet.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools