Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
TFC531

FIOS TV CHANNEL GUIDE

by TFC531 on ‎03-11-2011 01:04 PM

Latest Verizon Spot light magazine shows a peek at the future Fios TV channel guide. I have to say it looks like a horrible change. Verizon developers just don't get it when it comes to the channel guide. Customers want a channel guide that allows you to see just general listings by channel and time slot. The current channel guide just needs to get rid of the obstructive detail window in the middle of the screen. The way it should be is when the customer wants to see the detail of a show, they can select it and press the OK button.

Also, Verizon needs to sort the HD and standard channels so that the HD version of a channel is the next position up from the standard def channel. Having the standard def channels and the HD def channels so far apart on the channel numbers is very annoying.

If you want a perfect live example of the way the channel lineup and guide should be, take a look at Directv's setup. The hit the mark as far as I am concerned.

I have come to learn there is no one right answer... and so as we release new versions we'll just more and more views against the same data set. IMG 1.9 added one new way to slice and dice the data, which bring us to 4 different options. We'll just add even more in upcoming releases.. that's the power of FiOS.
Comments
by on ‎03-12-2011 10:22 AM

I couldn't disagree more.  The new guide looks great and the best thing about fios is the ease of use.  Why would I want to hit another button to see a few lines about the highlighted show, when I can just scroll over it?  The directv channel guide is almost as bad as the cablevision one.  Why would you want less, when fios is giving you so much more?

by jss9669 on ‎03-12-2011 01:33 PM

I'm with Joeg679 on this one.  Makes me wish there was a way to vote against an idea on here.

by TFC531 on ‎03-12-2011 09:09 PM

I don't understand why you guys would want to instantly see details on shows you are not interested in watching. Most FIOS users I have talked to agree with me. It will take you forever to scroll through the channels the way they will be laid out. You will see my point once you use it.

by Employee on ‎03-13-2011 05:56 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
I have come to learn there is no one right answer... and so as we release new versions we'll just more and more views against the same data set. IMG 1.9 added one new way to slice and dice the data, which bring us to 4 different options. We'll just add even more in upcoming releases.. that's the power of FiOS.
by maggieanne on ‎03-11-2012 05:31 PM

I've had fios for about a month and half and it is so hard to find anything that I foind myself avoiding the TV because  I know it will just frustrate me when I want to relax.  I just want agood old fashion paper TV guide.  I can't find anything. I miss vereything i want to see and then they don't put enough back sessions on demand.  I wish I had never got this system.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools