Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
onedirtydog

Fax line

by onedirtydog on ‎02-08-2012 02:14 AM - last edited on ‎02-08-2012 02:47 PM by Moderator

As it is now ...your offering as a bundle...FiOS TV, FiOS Internet 15/5, and Verizon Freedom Essentials. Now, since I use my cell for all my communication with the outside world, I don't have any use of the phone line coming into my house but still I pay for that line every month. Oh! So that I don't get all those unwanted phone calls, I don't plug my phone into it. To me it's just a dead phone line coming into my home.

My idea is this, since most printers you buy today come with the capability of using a fax line, why not make your bundle include this as a option instead of a phone line, why not offer a FAX line. I'm pretty sure there are other out there who feel the same way and would love to have FAX line.

{edited for privacy}

Comments
by Moderator on ‎02-08-2012 02:48 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Polodude on ‎02-12-2012 06:25 PM

A phone line can be used for a fax line. there is no difference. In fact i do exactly what you are talking about. I never use my fios voice line for talk. it is dedicated to a FAX .

by on ‎02-21-2012 12:09 PM

Just plug your fax/printer into the analog phone jack and you have a fax line.

by fttp4me on ‎03-02-2012 04:47 PM

Please status this as already exists and dump it to the last page.  i can't believe that in this day and age people actually think a fax line and a phone line are two different things.

by Employee on ‎03-23-2012 11:44 AM
Status changed to: Clarification Needed
I'm a litle confused. You get a dial tone line as part of Essentials. You can choose whether you use it for phone or fax.
by Employee on ‎04-18-2012 08:33 AM
Status changed to: Already Exists

by onedirtydog on ‎09-22-2012 01:41 AM - last edited on ‎09-22-2012 06:01 PM by Moderator

Listen....Since most package you offer is always "PHONE / INTERNET / TV", why not have one with a "FAX" line. Let face, it most family today all have cell phones and hardly ever use the house phone ( like myself..For which I keep unplug most of the time but would really like to have a "FAX" line instead. Yes , I know "well if you need to send something, you can always Email it to your party" Well that can be true but by FAXING something, your not giving up your EMAIL address, which I hate doing knowing that I'll be getting E-Mails coming at me with offers and whatever which I then have to delete. It's a real pain the _ _ _.

Hey guys, don't you think it's time you guys get with the life style of the important thing most family would jump on. The printers you buy today, most of them come with a "FAX" upset and I'm speaking for myself, could use a "FAX" line in my house hold instead of a phone line which I pay a good price for something I don't use very much. Really you guys, you know like myself and millions of others we are just paying for something that is really usage in a way and your making millions off of it. So why don't you really think about it. Come up with a package with a " FAX LINE " instead of a PHONE LINE.

I can tell you this, when my package deal is up the " PHONE LINE " in my house is history. I am done paying for something I don't use.

Thanks you

{edited for privacy}

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎09-22-2012 10:45 AM
#1 Sigh, you are missing something. #2 When they say phone, they mean the phone line can used for any POTS reason. #3 Here is a list of some (if not all) of the reason(s) for POTS: a) Call a person / a company using a land line phone and talk to them. b) Call computer owned by a person / or a computer owned and operated at a company using a land line phone and access the Internet (called Dial-up Internet Access). c) Call a person / a company using a land line phone and send faxes. #4 Please note: * AND OR the other way around * a) Be called by a person / a company using a land line phone and talk to them. b) Be called by a computer owned by a person / or a computer owned and operated at a company using a land line phone and they access the Internet using your computer's Access to the Internet. c) Be called by a person / a company using a land line phone and receive faxes.
by Gold Contributor VII on ‎09-22-2012 10:48 AM
#1 Considering what you are missing: a) I am not voting yes. b) If and when able to be, I will vote no.
by NYC_viper on ‎09-22-2012 02:12 PM

Concur with what dslr595148 have pointed out.

Sure I still got a fax/modem with my laptop and multi function printer by Canon, but do not care for a fax line. I plug it to a phone jack and fax when I need to. Surely you can set the settings on these devices if you are expecting an incoming fax?

About the e-mail bit though, Verizon offers 1 primary (@2GB) and 8 sub e-mail accounts (@250MB each). If you're giving up your primary e-mail address, you will get spam. If not, there's always the outlook.com or gmail.com route, surely you can have an account and have all the spam you can eat.

Sorry, I think you missed a couple of points.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools