Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
prisaz

FiOS Remote Control Application for the PC. Not like remote DVR. But remote control.

by ‎02-26-2011 03:54 PM - edited ‎02-26-2011 04:14 PM

FiOS remote application for the PC. Not just through My Verizon but total control of the STBs and DVRs from the PC. Something to the local network and not relying on remote DVR through the Verizon Website, but from the local PC only. Like wireless laptop or a hardwired network connection. Make all the control features the DVR has accessible from a PC.

New application, not part of the Media manager. If you can do it for portables, you can surely do it for the Local Connection and WiFi or hardwired on a PC.

How about a Windows Gadget or an application the will allow STB control from Windows? or Mac. Don't want to leave out Apple.

If we did it... I wouldn't want a separate app from Media Manager... but doesn't see like something that would get very high usage... let's see how many votes
Comments
by Employee on ‎02-28-2011 03:45 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
If we did it... I wouldn't want a separate app from Media Manager... but doesn't see like something that would get very high usage... let's see how many votes
by ‎02-28-2011 01:11 PM - edited ‎02-28-2011 01:13 PM

There have been many times when I had to get up from the PC and go get the remote. Also some people have the STB and a computer hooked to their flat panel with PIP or split screens. I know my large computer monitor does that. This would be nice. But as you said no seperate application? Why not. Users can use their cell phone as a remote, the code cannot be ported and compiled for Windows? You could have it as part of Media Manager and/or a Stand Alone option.

by excus on ‎05-06-2011 08:30 PM

I would LOVE this!   I, like a lot of people, always have my laptop open while watching TV but I never have my cellphone with me.   And why can't it be a separate program from Media Manager?      

by ryandec on ‎07-20-2011 07:12 AM

I have a very good friend who is a quadriplegic who could use this for his computer and would make his life so much easier and even better more independent.

Please let me know if anything like this is available.

Thanks!

Ryan

by xoom5000 ‎08-16-2011 05:03 PM - edited ‎08-16-2011 05:27 PM

I too would very much like this option. I must now go upstairs to get my cell phone.

If my initial comment still shows somehow I do appologize as it appears after a few minutes of looking at other posts that Verizion is indeed looking at these posts. This is my first time on this part of Verizon's site and kudos for actually monitoring it, sadly something that few companies seem to do once they build the function within their site.

Now that I know that you are "listening" I will submit a few ideas that I have as time allows.

by robw on ‎09-13-2011 06:00 PM

This would be the *perfect* integration of apps: as long as my Samsung TVs can see everything on the home network, why shouldn't the converse be true?  For example, if I'm at a PC in another part of the house, and I have multi-room DVR, why can't I play DVR content directly on the PC?

by jerseyshore on ‎11-06-2011 05:14 PM

PLEASE MAKE A REMOTE CONTROL APP FOR THE DVR, JUST LIKE FOR ANDROID, BUT FOR NORMAL PCs AND PC LAPTOPS ON THE LOCAL NETWORK!!!

I AM SICK OF USING MY SAMSUNG EPIC 4G w ADROID as my FIOS REMOTE because android is unreliable and constantly boots itself off the remote, and i have to resync, plus I am already on my laptop while watching TV!!!!!

Please do it, don't think it won't be useful.

Also, in the android version, you have to switch hundreds of times a day between the screens and tabs... it is so sumbersome to use it!!!!

Very good to have it at all, but please port it to the PC... and when you do, let the user select "advanced" layout that shows all the buttons on 1 screen, just like the real remote!!!

keep up the good work!

by cwtrex on ‎02-12-2012 02:05 PM

My Verizon FIOS remotes do not have a good react time with the DVR.  It's really upsetting me.  I tried the Android app.  It doesn't work.  I second this PC app so I can get some reliable DVR control going.

by Davidhadley on ‎06-10-2012 06:44 AM
This app idea should have been developed alongside the smartphone versions. Searching the Internet for the FiOS Remote equivalent for the PC is hard to find, and this forum thread may not be getting the hits and votes it deserves. How many votes does it take before something happens?
by Mrjolly on ‎10-06-2012 04:45 PM
This would definitely be useful. How could you think it would not be? Ideally an app like this would also allow streaming of DVR content to a secure (HDMI) display. If you need an example look at DIRECTV2PC. Please develop something like this. I neither want nor need another set top box at my PC.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools