Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Mkmpc

Fios1 Long Island News...no!

by Mkmpc on ‎10-30-2012 07:21 AM

Fios1: Have your newscasters show some personality! If you don't have newscasters in and around LI (which News12 does) ask viewers to send video or photos of events. Fios1 barely has any info about  Sandy. Those of us that have left Opimum rely on LOCAL news that actually is news, and current! Aren't you a competitor to Optimum? The only thing I miss is News12 because Fios1 cannot compare... Come on Guys! 

Comments
by Lou2565 on ‎10-30-2012 09:58 AM

I totally agree....we have spent the morning trying to find out about Gilgo Beach, Tobay area as we have homes there and they have only shown Freeport and Jersey.  We are very disappointed with the Fios coverage of this hurricane.....have someone on your staff get in touch with those in the know and let us in on what is going on in Long Beach, Gilgo, Tobay, our local coast.  We are totally in the dark as there has been relatively no coverage of Long Island from Fios.....News 12 as been on top of it......a disappointed subscriber....

by Moderator on ‎10-30-2012 06:38 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by MAUJIM on ‎10-31-2012 12:30 PM

I agree! I have been trying to find news about Long Island.

I like channel should be more L.I . INFORMATION AVAILABLE.

MAUJIM

by KVP on ‎11-04-2012 09:02 AM

FIOS1 should take the News12 operation as a role model to copy with seperate dedicated news areas. As much as I sympathize with the adjacent areas that were hit I am relying on FIOS1 Long Island for up to the minute status on emergency conditions.  News12 does a premier job of local area coverage.  They even patched in their broadcasts to several local Long ISland FM radio stations.  If I wanted detailed adjacent area coverage I can go to the NYC stations ch 2,4,5,7,9,11.

Granted to FIOS1 credit they do offer limited segments on restaurants and high school sports.

News12 has a seperate Traffic and weather station (ch 61) which has looped info changed every hour, with coherent uncluttered traffic maps, LIRR info and alternate weather reports.

FIOS1 take a lesson.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools