Customers With Disabilities
Ishkott

Fix your "Dry Loop" Scripts

by Ishkott on ‎02-09-2012 08:49 AM - last edited on ‎02-10-2012 02:24 PM by Moderator

I have Verizon DSL and have experienced two incidents in which I loss my ability to use my POTS line to answer or make calls. That is a "Dry Loop"- in which the ADSL and Voice lines are not bound together - look it up on the Internet. Seriously, because the technicians Verizon has sent to my apartment on both those occasions denied the fact and tried to say my phone cord or telephone itself needed to be replaced. Both times, Verizon technicians troubleshooting my connection remotely insisted the problem was with my equipment - and both times, the problem went away when my setup and killed at the Verizon office and completely restructured.

Now, contracted technicians should never be sent to "fix" a dry loop because they obviously are not aware of the symptom and they can't fix it anyway - the provisioning must be done on Verizon's back end. I assume your in-house technicians use a script to verify connections - and that script has a bug. I've twice loss my Voice line in two years and danced this dance. Fix your script or simply put the elementary puzzle together - 1. Customer has no Voice but phone rings. 2. Customer has functional DSL 3. Customer verifies physical setup in home 4. Re-provision the account.

This saves money and time - and more money because time is money. And send an apology for having screwed-up because it is Verizon's fault (ie stop implying the problem is my fault). Seriously, this is low-hanging fruit - if I'm sent into the Polka again, I'll just leave this dance.

PS - You can also create an online Trouble-shooting Wizard instead a form that automatically summons a helpless Technician to home. Once the "Dry Loop" scenario is specified, the reset connection can then be accomplished automatically.  Stop favoring your pretty and young Wireless and show a little love for your loyal customers. Don't take me for granted, I'm ready to kick you out of bed, you ungrateful ...

{edited for privacy}

Comments
by Moderator on ‎02-09-2012 03:10 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools