Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
juice421

Font Options

by on ‎04-21-2011 06:54 AM

Reading the comments of 1.9 over the forums and Twitter, I see a lot of people complaining about the guides font size.  Some are saying the font is too small, and some are saying the full screen guide can fit even more if the font was smaller.  Personally, I find the font size in 1.9 to be fine where it is.

So what I propose is the ultimate solution, which WILL SATISFY EVERYONE! Why not code in and offer font size options? Other providers are currently testing font size customizations in their next-gen guide, leaving it in the hands of the customer to find their ideal font size.

And while were at it, there really should be options for almost every conceivable setting, because everyone is different and how else could you please everyone?  I know that might be a pipe dream, but it's something to strive for! 

Yes and yes. This is so hard. So hard. But definitely on that mission.
Comments
by Employee on ‎04-25-2011 06:31 PM
Status changed to: Accepted
Yes and yes. This is so hard. So hard. But definitely on that mission.
by philjp on ‎04-26-2011 04:57 AM

The problem still exists for us who find the new Improved(?) font too small - the color combination may even add to the poor clarity of the text also. I find the new guide practically USELESS as far as readability is concerned.

So again, what about us who find the new guide practically useless? It would be nice to have an alternate (or the old guide, even) to the new one.

by NickB on ‎09-29-2011 10:28 AM

I think I already had the new guide -- switched from Comcast at the end of July and my guide looks like the ones in the screen shots.

After 2 months of trying to read the white text on the light blue background, I broke down and had to buy glasses.  I got a prescription but only need to use them to read the menu on the TV.  How sad is that?

by Employee on ‎10-04-2011 11:47 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
Agree... the background color is relatively easy.. but the change font sizes is really tough on a set top box.
by Cujok on ‎10-29-2011 11:48 AM

Ever since the change over to the new look in October 2011 on Fios Tv the font size on the guide is too small for my wife and I to read. :smileymad:  There should be an option to change the font size.

by MVP dslr595148 MVP on ‎11-01-2011 08:36 AM

To all, quick quote from http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26387221-IMG-Do-you-like-the-guide-in-IMG-1.9-a-

go into the settings and set the guide to "classic" view. The live TV window will be a bit larger with that view...

Please note I since don't have FIOS, I can't tell you if this will work or NOT.

Good luck.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools