Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
animexsoldier

Funimation

by animexsoldier on ‎02-15-2012 10:04 PM

You all are planning on dropping Funimation?  This is a very dumb move imo.  You have a ton of people that are Verizon Fios customers solely for this channel.  This is the only channel you are able to watch "real" anime and I along with alot of people from what I see just googleing "Fios to drop funumation"  came here mainly for that channel.  There are NO real anime channels beside this, how could the ratings possibly be that low.  This channel is no lie on at my house at least 8 hours a day.  This is the channel that runs even while I am on my pc not watching TV.  Go find another "actual" crappy channel to cut.  I can't imagine many people watch cartoon network anymore now that Adult Swim is filled with stupid shows a 4 year old could do a better job on and comedies that are the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  If you cut this channel Verizon I asure you, that you will lose ALOT of customers. 

Unfortunately Funimation will not be coming back as part of the TV lineup. You can view some of the content in On Demand.
Comments
by aaronwtfios ‎02-16-2012 06:03 AM - edited ‎02-16-2012 06:04 AM

How about FiOS runs the Funimation channel in HD and dumps all the .TV channels which I NEVER watch. Or even better, dump all the ESPN channels too, which I NEVER watch and save the money to add many more channels that cost a fraction of what the ESPN channels cost.

I have an issue with FiOS constantly adding sports channels which cost alot and I never watch, and canceling other channels which I watch on a regular basis. I would have even paid a few dollars extra each month to watch the Funimation channel in HD. At this rate, the next time my contract comes up for renewal I will be forced to get a lower tier. SInce there is no point in paying for all these channels I don't watch when FiOS is canceling the channels I do watch and adding even more channels I will never watch.

by on ‎02-16-2012 06:15 AM

Come on, Byron Allen has another "HD" .tv channel launcing this year! Gotta save space wherever we can!

by BunnySan on ‎02-16-2012 06:29 AM

Seriously, all the completely USELESS shopping channels and MTV variations (I KNOW those get lower ratings, no one gives a crap about ugly costume jewelry and bad reality tv.) and you get rid of FUNIMATION? The one unique and fun channel that you have other than the Hub? The Hub and Funimation are the only two reasons I upgraded my TV package. Do not drop Funimation. Do. NOT. You will be hounded with phone calls. I really enjoy this channel and honestly, you'll just give me a reason to drop or downgrade service. Don't give people that reason. Why don't you drop one of the aforementioned lame channels that no one actually watches instead?

by on ‎02-16-2012 06:38 AM

Why isn't Verizon getting rid of those CRAP .tv channels instead!?!?!?! Seriously!!!! All they broadcast are commericals and infomercials in STANDARD DEFINITION!!! SIX channels of commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!

by wtaylor on ‎02-16-2012 06:44 AM

This is the very upsetting to hear you are cutting Funimation. This is the best reason why I continue to keep my Fios service and my Extreme HD package. I easily have Funimation on 4-6 hours per day and this is the only place to get serious anime shows anytime, any day. Without Verizon having funimation I might as well switch over to Uverse channel 1484 because they will officially have a better and more diverse channel line up than Fios. We already put up with the fact that you don't extend HD service to Funimation, Cartoon Network, G4 etc... please don't drop funimation, I will seriously have to leave because there won't be any value in Fios over Uverse.

by hbbvcommunity on ‎02-16-2012 07:04 AM

We are very disappointed.  My grandchildren do not have Verizon Fios.  They are so joyful when they pull up in my drive, jump from the car, and run into my house to tune into 'funimation'.  My granddaughter says that it is very unfair, since there is no other Japanese channel on tv that she has found enjoyment in.  My grandsons, wow, they feel that this channel is better than bread! We ask that you reconsider removing this channel - maybe reduce airtime, but, please, do not remove it. We thank you for your reconsideration.

by Ezziee on ‎02-16-2012 07:52 AM

I watch the funimation channel several hours a day.  Its a unique channel versus all of the existing duplicate channels.  I have people with other services come over just to hangout and watch funimation.  Please reconsider dropping it.

by garyfboss on ‎02-16-2012 08:59 AM

Please do not drop Funimation. I also watch it several hours each day.  I have my DVR set up to record entire series from this channel.  I'd wager to say it is the channel I watch most on my TV lineup. 

Dropping this channel will really sour many viewers and realistically cause many to look elsewhere for TV services.

by Hboisvert on ‎02-16-2012 09:22 AM

I agree with most of what animexsoldier had to say but with one BIG exception. The Cartoon Network & Boomarang are on in my house 8-10 hours per day.  I too wish that Funimation will be spared the ax. But no one should presume to know what other subscribers consider worthless or inappropriate.

by xxarwindxx ‎02-16-2012 09:55 AM - edited ‎02-16-2012 09:57 AM

This is the only ANIME station avaliable on verizon! There are so many duplicate channels hundreds of sports and home improvements and reality shows. Yes the anime viewing community is small now but it will GROW. I do believe Funimation is partlyto blame. The amount of reruns in a week made it less likely i would watch every day.  However Funimation is the only ALL ANIME network! Unless you are replacing funimation with another Anime network you will be losing a customer

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools