Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
animexsoldier

Funimation

by animexsoldier on ‎02-15-2012 10:04 PM

You all are planning on dropping Funimation?  This is a very dumb move imo.  You have a ton of people that are Verizon Fios customers solely for this channel.  This is the only channel you are able to watch "real" anime and I along with alot of people from what I see just googleing "Fios to drop funumation"  came here mainly for that channel.  There are NO real anime channels beside this, how could the ratings possibly be that low.  This channel is no lie on at my house at least 8 hours a day.  This is the channel that runs even while I am on my pc not watching TV.  Go find another "actual" crappy channel to cut.  I can't imagine many people watch cartoon network anymore now that Adult Swim is filled with stupid shows a 4 year old could do a better job on and comedies that are the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  If you cut this channel Verizon I asure you, that you will lose ALOT of customers. 

Unfortunately Funimation will not be coming back as part of the TV lineup. You can view some of the content in On Demand.
Comments
by Talon on ‎02-16-2012 03:37 PM

I sent an email to the support contact-us earlier today. 

There are four history channels that all show the same content.  There are three different lifetime stations that all show the same thing.  There are ten religion channels.  There are five ESPN channels.  There are two country music channels.  There are three gospel music channels.  There's a dozen different foreign language channels.  Considering that fios only really has 300 channels (no, the HD version of the same exact channel does not count as a separate channel, and HBO/Showtime do not count since they are not part of what you're regularly paying for)... the fact that SO MANY are duplicates and here they are getting rid of one of the ONLY unique stations, the ONLY anime station, is just unforgiveable... especially when we're paying 100+ dollars a month for our internet/tv package.  

I only really watch four or five channels and this is one of them.  Considering how prolific streaming is, and how much of a bull **bleep** answer "low viewership" is (seriously, you're going to tell me that MPOP the ALL KOREAN MUSIC ALL DAY station gets more viewers than anime?)... I am seriously considering dropping fios TV, especially since my mother in law just got me a month of netflix for my birthday. 

Thankfully, I'm not in a contract bundle at the moment and am free to do so.  March 15th I will cancel.

by animexsoldier on ‎02-16-2012 03:40 PM

Thank you all for the comments.  Keep them coming.  Don't just read people, take 5 min to sign in and leave you comments to show them how many oppose this action.  Thank you age for the links, petition link and numbers. I have put in on the petition posted it on facebook called the corporate office and encouraged my facebook friends to do so also.

by ididevolve ‎02-16-2012 03:52 PM - edited ‎02-16-2012 03:53 PM

KEEP FUNIMATION, CH262..IT IS VIEWED DAILY IN THIS HOME AND A UNIQUE CHANNEL..DUMP SOME OF THE DUPLICATES

by animexsoldier on ‎02-16-2012 03:58 PM

READ THIS: 

Signed petition (thanks for link age) called and left a message at corporate # (thanks Swingingvie) and now I just called the regular number for customer service to tell them to mark my account as opposed to the dropping of Funimation.  The operater knocked 8$ a month off of my movie packages, just over 1$ a month for my 2HD boxes + HD dvr and not only saved me almost 2 more dollars there but also upgraded my DVR to a multi room DVR free.  SO... CALL VOICE YOUR OPPOSAL and possibly get money knocked off and free upgrades!

So in the end of a phone call to have my account flagged opposing the Funimation drop I walk away with a bill that will be 10 less a month and a free multiroom DVR! I am on no contract and bound to nothing so this is 100% win for me.

by TQ2012 on ‎02-16-2012 04:01 PM

I was really glad when Verizon finally got MNET but their now getting rid of Funimation. So once again I'm back to about 4 channels watched.

by mej645 on ‎02-16-2012 04:30 PM

Since signing the contract in good faith for the channel as line up advertized will there be a discount on my bill for the channels you remove for the remaining of my contract?

The reason for purchasing was the Funimation channel since you are now changing what I am paying, (false advertisement)  for is this grounds to invalidate my contract of at least complain to the FCC?  Seems like a bait and switch.

by mej645 on ‎02-16-2012 04:48 PM - last edited on ‎02-16-2012 04:49 PM by Moderator

Can't we call or email the CEO?

by 1nijigirl2 on ‎02-16-2012 04:50 PM

The only reason I EVER turn on the TV is to watch FUNimation. Getting rid of it... I will have no more hope for humanity. I will watch it for hours at a time, whether or not I like the content. I LOVE FUNimation to bits, and I'm pretty sure a majority of anime fans do too.

by Bruce5 on ‎02-16-2012 04:58 PM

Funimation is one of a small set of channels we routinely watch.  I have trouble believing it is "very low viewership".  Did it ever occur to them to survey their customers before removing the features that make us customers?

If it is really a financial decision, why not at least offer it as an upgrade channel?

by mamakat001 on ‎02-16-2012 05:06 PM

DON'T DROP FUNimation!!!! It's the main channel our tv is on and we would be disappointed so much as me, my husband and 11 and 8 yr old LOVE this station (and thats saying something as my 8 yr old is autistic and hyper.) It's the only anime station I know of thats not also some weird or stupid cartoon.. It's the good stuff!!!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools