Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
animexsoldier

Funimation

by animexsoldier on ‎02-15-2012 10:04 PM

You all are planning on dropping Funimation?  This is a very dumb move imo.  You have a ton of people that are Verizon Fios customers solely for this channel.  This is the only channel you are able to watch "real" anime and I along with alot of people from what I see just googleing "Fios to drop funumation"  came here mainly for that channel.  There are NO real anime channels beside this, how could the ratings possibly be that low.  This channel is no lie on at my house at least 8 hours a day.  This is the channel that runs even while I am on my pc not watching TV.  Go find another "actual" crappy channel to cut.  I can't imagine many people watch cartoon network anymore now that Adult Swim is filled with stupid shows a 4 year old could do a better job on and comedies that are the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  If you cut this channel Verizon I asure you, that you will lose ALOT of customers. 

Unfortunately Funimation will not be coming back as part of the TV lineup. You can view some of the content in On Demand.
Comments
by DJMcNiff ‎03-09-2012 05:39 PM - edited ‎03-09-2012 06:16 PM

First of all, add me to list of people wanting Verizon to keep the Funimation Channel.

If Verizon is unwilling to reconsider removing the Funimation Channel, would they at the very least please inform us of how they came to the conclusion of "very low viewership" ? 

Also I take issue with the following:

"This programming has been discontinued due to very low viewership and the continued effort of Verizon to offer our customers the most popular channels while keeping our rates reasonable."

If that were true, why give us the  .tv channelsSince when were the .tv channels among the most popular channels?

by Stuntweasel ‎03-10-2012 10:47 AM - edited ‎03-10-2012 10:48 AM

Hmm.  26 pages of comments in support of Funimation.  Verizon's claim of "very low viewership" looks even more dubious than ever. 

I would love to know the viewership numbers of the seemingly dozens of religious and ethnic channels that I'm forced to pay for with Verizon's ludicrous programming packages.

Cable television is rapidly becoming a dinosaur that will eventually be swept aside by the web, much as the print and recording industries already have.  Alientating entire blocks of young viewers with senseless programming decisions like this will only accelerate the process. 

I already know people personally who have dropped cable altogether in favor of streaming, web-based services because they were tired of paying for rheems of crap they didn't want just to get the handfull of channels they did want.  When those services mature a little bit more, the flood gates will open.

by MoonChasesMe on ‎03-10-2012 01:25 PM

To be honest if you guys drop the Funimation Channel, everyone will might aswell change there service to Comcast, or etc. Funimation is the only channel I watch everyday and many others that are a fan of this program, dropping this channel is a bad mistake, and clearly you will loose a lot of customers! I have a better idea drop all the sports channels like ESPN, ESPN 2, Longhorn, MTV, MTV 2, All the music crap no one watches! Verizon if you drop this channel you'll get so many complaints about why'd you made a stupid move of dropping this favorite program, and the viewers you have will change there services like Comcast where they keep there anime channel!!!!!!!!!!!!

by anthonyjm on ‎03-10-2012 09:30 PM

well funimation has announced that negotiations have failed. It apparent the people at verizon do no0t care about their customers or what they have tip say. Through this process verizon has only answered us through moderators and automated responses, To verizon its customers arent customers they are dollar signs to line their wallets, Ive seen my share of petitions and forums for other services but this by far was the biggest. It did not matter though. The people at verizon used the "Lets the problem go away in time" tactic

Nobody from verizon can submit comments on this forum as well. Hideing behind automated emails and letters. i shoulda stayed with cablevision. 21 years they NEVER deleted a channel. At worse they would put channels into a more expensive package.

What about the customers like me who got this service in december with a 2 year agreement because of funimation. OF COURSE they will refuse to let you opt out because this is a dirty tactic to use by luring customers in with programing onlyto shortly delete it.

Really nice verizon. You all should seriously be dissapointed with your lack of compassion for the people who pay your slary

LAST TIME i checked FIOS was a TELEVISON SERVICE PROVIDER. The only thing you as a company have provided is horrible customer service. Whats even better is how everytime you post on FIOS facebook wall they delete what you say supporting yet another fact that our opinion is nothing. Can anyone other than a moderator step up and deliver some sort of REAL reason besides low veiwership? The answer is NO. They put what they feel like on the channels and if a customer has a issue they tell you "POST YOUR OPINIONS, WERE LISTENING" then they delete it.

I may have been suckered into this contract i thought that i was getting with programming i wanted BUT i will NOT let friends or family follow this method. Working next to a verizon store i will definetly turn some heads away.

by anthonyjm on ‎03-10-2012 11:31 PM

FIOS stands for

First Is Our Selfs, Our customer come 2nd

by Missmita on ‎03-11-2012 09:19 AM

When me and my family first got here, the house we picked to rent was already wired for FIOS by the owner. So we got it. When I saw they had the Funimation Channel, and ALLLLL the anime shows they had, I was jumping for joy on the inside!:catvery-happy: At best in the past, some channels would only have 2-3(3 being generous) hour blocks of anime. Most usually shove DBZ down your throat.  I basically had it on the bedroom TV for at least 8+ hrs a day, until my son really got into Nick Jr. Now, I go back and forth between Funi and the Food network/Cooking Ch.'s.  If this channel is gone, the only outlet is the PC by way of Crunchyroll, Hulu, or YouTube, or pirating, one of the main reasons, DVD sales go down.  Don't cut the Funi channel, Verizon, please! When I first saw this channel, I felt as though I struck gold! :catsad:

by thang2162 on ‎03-11-2012 04:26 PM

Since I first FiOS nearly a decade ago I've enjoyed the Funimation channel. It was one bright spots in my channel line up and honesty the only thing that's really kept FiOS TV in my house throughout all of the price increases. While I am glad that FiOS has choosen to keep Funimation on as a VOD service what we (Everyone that voted, posted on Facebook and signed the petitions.) really want is a Linear 24hr channel that we can tune to catch our favorite anime. To that end I am requesting that FiOS add the Funimation channel in HD or as a premium channel like on AT&T U-Verse. Some of us, me included would gladly pay the fees associated with it being a premium channel. On AT&T Uverse the Funimation Channel in HD is available in their HD premium tier package for additional $7. I know because I've checked and have a way to get U-Verse TV but, I am going to give FiOS a chance to make things right. Especally after seeing what happened to the Tennis Channel last year. With this move I'll be stuck with FiOS for at least another year. Here is hoping ya'll make things right by then. If not, I'm going to have to make the switch. For all who want to see the Funimation Channel back on FiOS in HD please vote! Every vote counts and puts us a step closer to bringing back the Funimation Channel on FiOS TV!

by MeanBob on ‎03-11-2012 10:44 PM

It's March 12th, everyone. Funimation is still on over here to say the least. I wonder how much longer we'll have the broadcast until it officially goes away...

by Anime4ever on ‎03-12-2012 12:02 AM

Funimation is the only best channel on TV all the reality TV rubbish isn't worth my money I pay the extra $10 to get this channel, will shut off my TV service if we lose this channel since its really the only channel I watch the most.

by Kenji on ‎03-12-2012 06:59 AM

Well, Funimation is gone in Virginia.  I am hot!!!! The one station I watched all the time and could keep up with anime.  I am dumping this useless company as quick as can!  Poor move, Verizon.  I really hope each person determined to dump Verizon if we lost Funimation does so.  Verizon may not have read our comments, petitions, facebook blogs or other avenues to voice dissatisfaction, but when they lose a bunch of customers and those customers tell others to stay far away from Verizon, I'll bet they listen and get the message then!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools